First Service

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 GT86, 2019 Supra A90edition, 2020 GR Yaris CP
Yesterday, 1st July, both service and oil change lights start flashing, amber triangle on dash, built in June 2019 although didn't get the car until September 2019, so would have thought first service due September 2021.
Initial Oil & filter change done at 1200 miles in June 2020, current mileage 3900.
Any one else had similar and can you the amber warnings be removed or recalibrated? Dealer said it can only be done when serviced.
Sponsored

OP
OP
a90_tay

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 M3, MKIV TT6, A90 Edition on Order
I had to reset my brake fluid one as garage forgot to

ignition on, hold the mileage reset button then you can cycle through the display and reset them, it puts them back by a year though

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 GT86, 2019 Supra A90edition, 2020 GR Yaris CP
I had to reset my brake fluid one as garage forgot to

ignition on, hold the mileage reset button then you can cycle through the display and reset them, it puts them back by a year though
Is that on trip meter or screen menu?

OP
OP
a90_tay

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 M3, MKIV TT6, A90 Edition on Order
The 0.0 physical button bottom left of cluster mate

TurboTime

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 Supra 3.0 Pro
Didn't get a service book in my wallet :( only the manual the other bits so are some of you saying here in the the UK it's 2 year servicing? My car has the mileage/date count down (shown when ignition comes on) and it's 20k (and dropping) or 1 year.

Has the schedule been changed or do Toyota not have a grip on this?

M

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Didn't get a service book in my wallet :( only the manual the other bits so are some of you saying here in the the UK it's 2 year servicing? My car has the mileage/date count down (shown when ignition comes on) and it's 20k (and dropping) or 1 year.

Has the schedule been changed or do Toyota not have a grip on this?

M
Mine was missing the owners manual and service booklet. after emailing Toyota UK they said I should of been provided service booklet so the dealer sent me one but its a very basic one and doesn't mention the Supra under the model list At least its something.

As for the servicing it should be every two years from delivery or 20K (asked Toyota Uk) however mine is saying a service of Jan 2022 (2 years after the build date of the car) even though it was delivered new this year.
I would check your build date on the drivers door, this might indicate why its less than 2 years.

I still haven't got to the bottom with the dealer on how to reset it so its correct. I will leave until it comes up next year to try and put forward on the system. I think you can but only when it comes up when due.

TurboTime

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 Supra 3.0 Pro
Mine was missing the owners manual and service booklet. after emailing Toyota UK they said I should of been provided service booklet so the dealer sent me one but its a very basic one and doesn't mention the Supra under the model list At least its something.

As for the servicing it should be every two years from delivery or 20K (asked Toyota Uk) however mine is saying a service of Jan 2022 (2 years after the build date of the car) even though it was delivered new this year.
I would check your build date on the drivers door, this might indicate why its less than 2 years.

I still haven't got to the bottom with the dealer on how to reset it so its correct. I will leave until it comes up next year to try and put forward on the system. I think you can but only when it comes up when due.
Dan, I didn't have a wallet or manual etc. and politely pushed so they took one out another Supra in the showroom, but it didn't have a service booklet (something makes me think they have removed them as they have changed the scheduling). I asked the Service department and they showed me their service page containing all Toyota cars. The A90 3.0 clearly listed 12 months or 10k (I think 10K, but might have been 12k) first being minor £375 and second Major £570 then repeating. I even got a service plan quotation from Toyota quoting the same intervals, but didn't take it out as I'd rather Toyota didn't touch the car again as clueless until they have more time with them.

Yes I noticed the Jan 2020 build (car is new 21 plate) and they didn't have a clue how to change the reporting Jan 2021 oil/brakes or any answers as to why this was the case! I think you have answered it, but they are definitely stating 12 month servicing. If these cars stood much longer in storage you could end up needing a service months after buying it new! I previously bought a new 124 spider in March 2018 (new 18 plate) and found some Jap import papers (car is built in Japan by Mazda) hidden in the car stating 2016!

I thought the g29 40i was 10K or 12 months also, but maybe I'm wrong. Would love actual clarification, but as the service book seems to be missing in lots of these something tells me it will be annual servicing. I changed the oil at 1200K and it came out clean as a whistle, but the oil filter had captured metal bits correctly doing it's job. Personally after seeing the oil I would at 1200K, just pull the oil filter and swap it out for a genuine one @ £16 and then check later on (very simple to take out and inspect) and leave the oil in. Millers do 0w20 at the BMW c5 spec so cheap, but It didn't really need it although no harm and extremely simple job.

I think if you checked now with Toyota it will be 12 months so be careful everyone if you want to keep the warranty unless you have that book for the supra stating servicing and no indication on the dash telling you to take it in. I do think when it is closer to Jan 2021 you'll be able to reset using the dash trip method which did work for the brake fluid.

Any help sorting this mess would be useful as it seems Toyota have mixed messages. Remember this is UK servicing so may differ from US etc.
M

Reactions: Dan

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Dan, I didn't have a wallet or manual etc. and politely pushed so they took one out another Supra in the showroom, but it didn't have a service booklet (something makes me think they have removed them as they have changed the scheduling). I asked the Service department and they showed me their service page containing all Toyota cars. The A90 3.0 clearly listed 12 months or 10k (I think 10K, but might have been 12k) first being minor £375 and second Major £570 then repeating. I even got a service plan quotation from Toyota quoting the same intervals, but didn't take it out as I'd rather Toyota didn't touch the car again as clueless until they have more time with them.

Yes I noticed the Jan 2020 build (car is new 21 plate) and they didn't have a clue how to change the reporting Jan 2021 oil/brakes or any answers as to why this was the case! I think you have answered it, but they are definitely stating 12 month servicing. If these cars stood much longer in storage you could end up needing a service months after buying it new! I previously bought a new 124 spider in March 2018 (new 18 plate) and found some Jap import papers (car is built in Japan by Mazda) hidden in the car stating 2016!

I thought the g29 40i was 10K or 12 months also, but maybe I'm wrong. Would love actual clarification, but as the service book seems to be missing in lots of these something tells me it will be annual servicing. I changed the oil at 1200K and it came out clean as a whistle, but the oil filter had captured metal bits correctly doing it's job. Personally after seeing the oil I would at 1200K, just pull the oil filter and swap it out for a genuine one @ £16 and then check later on (very simple to take out and inspect) and leave the oil in. Millers do 0w20 at the BMW c5 spec so cheap, but It didn't really need it although no harm and extremely simple job.

I think if you checked now with Toyota it will be 12 months so be careful everyone if you want to keep the warranty unless you have that book for the supra stating servicing and no indication on the dash telling you to take it in. I do think when it is closer to Jan 2021 you'll be able to reset using the dash trip method which did work for the brake fluid.

Any help sorting this mess would be useful as it seems Toyota have mixed messages. Remember this is UK servicing so may differ from US etc.
M
Yeah very interesting to see on another post that that they were all stored over here in the UK at Toyotas plant. My guess was because of Brexit as they were made pre pandemic.

I think a lot of the Japanese/ Asian car markers like to produce in bulk so that cars are readily available. I guess they probably only do batches of these too when Toyota order from the factory as people have had a long wait for a new build slot.

Thanks for the info on the oil situation. Might get it changed along with the filter to be safe.
BMW's serving is normally every 2 years also, apart from the Full M cars I think.
Although you could be right in the fact they are changing it to 1 year intervals at Toyota...

As the car is two years old physically next year (1 year in driving) i might just get the service done on the safe side. Just going to see what they say when it pops up on the dash. My local dealership has had loads of GR yaris delivery's and a couple of Sopra's. They also seem really nice so hoping I can put my trust in them lol!

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Pro, Toyota MR2 Mk3, Audi A2
Keis motorsport did a step by step video on changing the oil in the Supra plus resetting the service interval settings, sorry I can't be of more help by adding the link but if you search in YouTube it'll come up.
Now if only I had a car to demonstrate it on! Still waiting for my order to be processed.

Kev12

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Jarama
I collected my car, Jarama Racetrack Edition, on July 6th. The build date on the door says April 2021.
Toyota Doncaster told me the service interval was 2 years, the service indicator in the central gauge says sometime in 2023?‍♂ This needs clearing up because Toyota UK seem clueless as to when they need servicing. Two years can’t be right can it when the Americans are every 12 months, it’s the same engine essentially??

TurboTime

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 Supra 3.0 Pro
Okay I put my plate into the Toyota UK site and it does state my service is 20K or 2 years, but as some of us 21 plate people have cars from Jan 2020 due to shipping in volume for stock storage which is common in the car industry it is reporting from that build date. You may also have noticed that these cars had no options expect paint and most were all 3.0 Pros. This makes good business sense and simplifies things with the dealers.

The dealers should have PDI'd the cars, resetting the service for the month you bought, re gassing the AC, new battery etc. etc. They have done a shocking job on such an expensive car and are clue less. They told me 12 months or 10K, the crib sheet states 12 months or 10K and Toyota servicing contract states 12 months or 10K. For information the 12 months crib sheet for £375 is only an oil change, wow expensive for £6 filter and £30 oil in the trade.

Personally I will get the dealer to reset the service indicator at 12 months (needs Toyota dealer) or perform a free service as Toyota UK states 24 months 20K and not my fault. For all I'd not leave the oil for two years or 20K (ex Porsche owner here), but it will save me lots of money if 24 months and I'll service myself (easy job) doing it properly or get an independent to do it for receipts.

What an embarrassing mess for a company like Toyota and probably the one mega annoying thing about the car.

Bottom line the dealers are not correctly performing the PDI!

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
This is BMW systems with the motor. Oil service is 1 year 10000miles / 15000 kilometers. Very standard for BMW in Germany. I am in the US from Germany.

The 8AT gearbox is a "no service" but when you dig into the factory publications, the builder/maker desires service at 100,000 kilometers. There is a kit for the transmission to include fluid etc.

I had this done on my M235i in Germany after 4 years and 80000 kilometers. The 8AT is serviceable and with good support. Any BMW, make that any good BMW dealer will have access to this data. If you need it please contact me.

I have good communication with a FACTORY service technician who is a prototype and pre production mechanic. He is based south of Stuttgart but travels to Munich and to testing locations as needed/desired by his management in Munich.

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Just had my first one today, after 2 years and 4k miles.

Nice to meet the mechanic and find he's also into Supra's, came back to find mine parked next to his.

20210820_172416.jpg

TurboTime

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 Supra 3.0 Pro
Dan, your in the same boat as me! Great links by the way and mine reports the same and that's how I'll have it serviced. Local dealers 10k 12months service is only oil and filter anyway. I did the oil and filter at 1200 and will do again myself at 12months from purchase date and reset everything when it allows. No point paying them £375 for an oil change as that's a waste of money and no service book to stamp, plus toyota uk has 2023.

Don't worry about actual age of car, this happens in the trade all the time. Brake fluid etc. will not need doing all is fine, just get the oil done or do it yourself. If you lived this way I'd do it for you as very very easy. £65 all in for genuine filter and bmw spec C5 oil.

M
Sponsored

Reactions: Dan