RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
I thought this was a pretty good take from the spectator perspective of that Vegas race:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a46190397/las-vegas-grand-prix-too-rich-for-f1s-blood/

I loved that race! But it probably wouldn’t be the best one to attend. Mega late at night and access in/out sounds tricky at best.
One of my son’s friends he races karts with went with his grandfather. They really enjoyed it but they’re racers and race fans so they weren’t into the glitz and more into the racing. Still it looks impressive but I think I’d rather attend COTA or Montreal and I live in NV!
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
One of my son’s friends he races karts with went with his grandfather. They really enjoyed it but they’re racers and race fans so they weren’t into the glitz and more into the racing. Still it looks impressive but I think I’d rather attend COTA or Montreal and I live in NV!
Yeah, totally agree. But what a fantastic spectacle to watch on TV! The only downside of COTA, I don’t want to be there with a bunch of fans booing Max. Montreal would be cool. I remember being to that site/park, not even knowing it is also a racetrack for F1.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Bet that resignation has the record for F-bombs within it. Do hope it was done via email. 😆

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow....................

1704906952569.png
Hate to admit, a change was need for HAAS. He’s gonna be missed 4sho 😢 Hopefully he’ll still be on a team somewhere in a different capacity.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah, he is very well liked by just about everyone. BUT ultimately the "buck stops with him" and HAAS has had a lot of issues. Of course, I do wonder how much was it because Gene didn't want to invest and how much of it was Steiner not putting the right people where they needed to be??

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Thought this was kinda neat and you guys may get a kick out of it. I'm going to pull it out of the frame and wear it when I go drive the Williams car this April.
It looks to be unwashed, judging by a dirty spot or two. Hopefully there's no Vettel sweatel left in it. Probably smells.... just....fine. Don't care. Still wearing it. Still gonna look cooler than Stroll.

20240108_170940.jpg
20240108_171106.jpg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thought this was kinda neat and you guys may get a kick out of it. I'm going to pull it out of the frame and wear it when I go drive the Williams car this April.
It looks to be unwashed, judging by a dirty spot or two. Hopefully there's no Vettel sweatel left in it. Probably smells.... just....fine. Don't care. Still wearing it. Still gonna look cooler than Stroll.

20240108_170940.jpg
20240108_171106.jpg
That’s awesome dude! What kind of Williams car are you going to drive? Let us know what you think of Max if you get to meet him.

A buddy at my last track weekend showed me pics of Max at a track up North (I can‘t remember where). Regardless, he said his handlers were keeping most people away but Max was friendly as hell. Waved to people if they yelled questions “at” him or just to his name. I was so in awe of the pics he had on his iPhone I was ½ listening to what he was telling me lol.

Forgot to tell y’all. Max was smiling, he looked very at ease. Not his race weekend look we normally see, at all! He made a peace symbol ✌🏼, grinning, smiling, smirking. Looks like he had pretty good access because he had lots of photos.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
That’s awesome dude! What kind of Williams car are you going to drive? Let us know what you think of Max if you get to meet him.

A buddy at my last track weekend showed me pics of Max at a track up North (I can‘t remember where). Regardless, he said his handlers were keeping most people away but Max was friendly as hell. Waved to people if they yelled questions “at” him or just to his name. I was so in awe of the pics he had on his iPhone I was ½ listening to what he was telling me lol.

Forgot to tell y’all. Max was smiling, he looked very at ease. Not his race weekend look we normally see, at all! He made a peace symbol ✌🏼, grinning, smiling, smirking. Looks like he had pretty good access because he had lots of photos.
I'll be driving the FW33 (for the sounds) but it will be at Magny-Cours, so 100% no professional drivers there. I wish 😞
Max has a game face. He gets super focused when it's time to go to work and appears unfriendly until you catch him away from the job. I can relate as I'm the same way. I seem super stressed out and antisocial at the track. I'm not. Just focused. I'm completely opposite any other time.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sounds like an awesome experience, have fun. I think we all here would love to see some picks of the car, and the drive if possible!

Last edited:

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Hamilton to Ferrari in 25, can’t say I saw that coming. The w15 must be trash lol

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Hamilton to Ferrari in 25, can’t say I saw that coming. The w15 must be trash lol
I think he said a while back that it would be a dream of his to race for Ferrari, so I say go for it before you retire.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m glad for Lewis, I don’t think Mercedes has the best team model.
Sponsored