Formula 1 Talk

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
It would be awfully nice if we had some non-Red Bull drivers winning more races this season. While last year had some great racing, rarely was that great racing involved the leader, and that's a shame. Of course I'm cheering for my McLaren boys and hoping that Lando can finally get that elusive first F1 GP win. Can't wait for Saturday morning.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
First day of practice for 2024 so taking it with a grain of salt, but if RB fell into the same trap Mercedes did with the zero side pod stuff that would be hilarious. BUT it's not the first time Merc was up front to fall off the next day. RB long run pace was good though. Max showing that hardly any tire deg at all with that car. HAAS wasn't bad either, just hope they can get their long run pace up.

McLaren once again with the 4-5 races before we can start to do something. Hoping that's not true, you can't win a championship by blowing the first 5 races of the year.

Tomorrow i guess we will see where the true order starts.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
First day of practice for 2024 so taking it with a grain of salt, but if RB fell into the same trap Mercedes did with the zero side pod stuff that would be hilarious. BUT it's not the first time Merc was up front to fall off the next day. RB long run pace was good though. Max showing that hardly any tire deg at all with that car. HAAS wasn't bad either, just hope they can get their long run pace up.

McLaren once again with the 4-5 races before we can start to do something. Hoping that's not true, you can't win a championship by blowing the first 5 races of the year.

Tomorrow i guess we will see where the true order starts.
RedBull was cruising. Hulkenberg in a HAAS was behind him. FP2 times aren't representative of the real order of things.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Obviously this is all conjecture, the only people that truly know what happened are Christian Horner and the parties involved and they aren't going to be releasing what occurred and what lead to this.
There's a leak now that contains a whole bunch of Whatsapp convo. photos and a video; if they're real, it looks like Horner was fooling around with his PA until she tells him to cool it.

He does have a position of power over her I suppose, and it could also be an ethical issue for sponsors or Ford or something. Who the fuck knows at this point.

Also, did Danny call someone 'woke' and then delete his post? 😂

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There's a leak now that contains a whole bunch of Whatsapp convo. photos and a video; if they're real, it looks like Horner was fooling around with his PA until she tells him to cool it.

He does have a position of power over her I suppose, and it could also be an ethical issue for sponsors or Ford or something. Who the fuck knows at this point.

Yeah I didn't want to start drama so I deleted it. Honestly who cares who and what he's doing outside of racing. I really don't care. I just want to see 24 awesome races.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Yeah I didn't want to start drama so I deleted it. Honestly who cares who and what he's doing outside of racing. I really don't care. I just want to see 24 awesome races.
With ya! Anyone and everyone gets soooooooooo offended. Remember Gina Carano and Disney. She did absolutely nothing wrong and thankfully is finally suing them. Stick to racing - F1 and stupid Ford

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si

Haven't seen it. If what you are saying is true, the thing nowadays is that if someone is uncomfortable, regardless of if you were "fooling around/joking", you need to stop and apologize when the person states their feelings, and then change your behavior. The days of the "old boys club" are over and you must tread carefully.

We should also take into account anything that is written down in a whatsapp or email is likely going to be tamer than what happens "off the record" in real life. So he could be more inappropriate with whoever in real life.

Again, it's all conjecture. The only people that truly know are Christian and the individual(s) involved in the incident(s).

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Well qualifying didn't really have much in the way of surprises. Obviously race day is different, so let's hope that there is a decent battle for first place rather than the typical Max/RB running off into the distance.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yup, nothings changed...
Lol, yeah I didn't think HAAS all of a sudden got up to RedBull speed. Mercedes was doing glory runs in FP2. but, the field is closer together in qualifying. Question now is the difference in race trim. If Ferrari and Mercedes set their cars up for 1 lap speed rather than race trim what RedBull does, Max is gone.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ooof, 2023 all over again & a boring 2.5/10 race to boot.

I'd like to take this time to to congratulate Max & RBR for another championship and constructors.
That's F1. Mercedes was the same, RedBull before that, Ferrari before that, and so on.
The RB20 is better than the RB19 though. Even Perez was able to pass a car.
Sponsored