edogjh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey Guys,

Has anyone had this happen? I was stopped at a red light last Friday and got Front Collision, Pedestrian and other warnings. Took it to the dealer next day thinking this is a warranty claim and was informed of this code 482136. They told me I most likely damaged something by some rock, etc. They took the whole front bumper apart and found no damage to the sensor, brackets, or bumper. Yet instead of starting repairs, they are now waiting for the Field Service Technician to come in and look at it to see if this should be covered under warranty. Have any of you experienced anything like this? This seems like horrid Warranty support from Toyota. My Car has been at the dealer 1 week now with me having no idea whether this is a warranty claim or not.

Pic 1.png

Pic 2.png

Pic 3.png

IMG_1503.png
Sponsored

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I have that same issue on my car ever since I got it ceramic coated. I don’t even bother trying to warranty out anything on these cars, Toyota doesn’t know what they are doing

OP
OP

edogjh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I have that same issue on my car ever since I got it ceramic coated. I don’t even bother trying to warranty out anything on these cars, Toyota doesn’t know what they are doing
Do you still have this issue or did it go away?

Decimari

First Name
Reshad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I had this issue, mine turned out to be the MMwave sensor was knocked out of its holding bracket. They put it back where it should be and it worked fine afterwards.

OP
OP

edogjh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I had this issue, mine turned out to be the MMwave sensor was knocked out of its holding bracket. They put it back where it should be and it worked fine afterwards.
Did you have to pay anything? Any idea if you had the same error number?

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I ran into a similar issue. The dealer claims a rock went through the small adjustment hole and damaged the sensor so not covered by the warranty.

I was logging onto the site to ask if anyone has replaced theirs since it’s $4700 through the dealer while I can buy the sensor from an online Toyota dealer for $2300-$2400 (plus the cost of a 3rd party alignment).

OP
OP

edogjh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I ran into a similar issue. The dealer claims a rock went through the small adjustment hole and damaged the sensor so not covered by the warranty.

I was logging onto the site to ask if anyone has replaced theirs since it’s $4700 through the dealer while I can buy the sensor from an online Toyota dealer for $2300-$2400 (plus the cost of a 3rd party alignment).
What codes were you getting? Did they show you any damage to your sensor?

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP

And the bullshit detector in the back of the room starts to glow. Real story. The dealer is too scared to replace the unit under warranty because if it doesn't fail a bench test back at Toyota he'll be eating the cost of the component.

Phil

OP
OP

edogjh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
And the bullshit detector in the back of the room starts to glow. Real story. The dealer is too scared to replace the unit under warranty because if it fails a bench test back at Toyota he'll be eating the cost of the component.

Phil
I was fortunate to get pics from the SA and have written proof from him saying they cannot see any damage. Waiting until Tuesday really sucks though

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
What codes were you getting? Did they show you any damage to your sensor?
Same errors are you are seeing.

Your post made me get off my backside and take another look at the video they sent to prove it had damage. I also put my borescope through the alignment hole and realized they're full of shi#.

They claimed it showed a "damaged laser" but now I think they actually looked at one of the two brackets. I ordered the brackets to prove it to myself before I go back to them to discuss further.

Note: Their "damage video" was shot using a borescope as well and I can see how they could misidentify the part. It looks nothing like the radar sensor though and they should know better.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
And the bullshit detector in the back of the room starts to glow. Real story. The dealer is too scared to replace the unit under warranty because if it doesn't fail a bench test back at Toyota he'll be eating the cost of the component.

Phil
Agreed. They're definitely nervous about replacing these. It's not the first one I've seen on these boards.

The accident avoidance system went out on my Supra when it had 1500 miles on it so it's not the first time I've had an issue with it. I'll bring that up if I have to go to Toyota Corporate.

OP
OP

edogjh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Same errors are you are seeing.

Your post made me get off my backside and take another look at the video they sent to prove it had damage. I also put my borescope through the alignment hole and realized they're full of shi#.

They claimed it showed a "damaged laser" but now I think they actually looked at one of the two brackets. I ordered the brackets to prove it to myself before I go back to them to discuss further.
So in your videos was your sensor scratched or anything? And yeah if those brackets are broken or damaged it’s automatically your fault in their eyes. Mine is confirmed to be fine yet I need a field rep to approve the repair

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
So in your videos was your sensor scratched or anything? And yeah if those brackets are broken or damaged it’s automatically your fault in their eyes. Mine is confirmed to be fine yet I need a field rep to approve the repair

I discovered you can't actually see the sensor using a scope. You can see the adjusting screw but not the actual sensor.

OP
OP

edogjh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I discovered you can't actually see the sensor using a scope. You can see the adjusting screw but not the actual sensor.
Yeah, did anybody provide you any pictures like the ones I posted? They show the sensor unit and the sensor inside itself. If all you see is a damaged frame that should be thousands cheaper for you

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yeah, did anybody provide you any pictures like the ones I posted? They show the sensor unit and the sensor inside itself. If all you see is a damaged frame that should be thousands cheaper for you
No, just the borescope video. They didn’t take the bumper off.

Glad you posted your comments. I was just about to go through a third party to replace and align it. Your post convinced me I should take another look at it.
Sponsored