Front Tires Wearing on the inside

WAM2

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have 24k on my 2020 Supra. Both front tires are wearing on the inside…. I remember seeing a video from “ carguy” a couple years back having a similar problem. I’ve ordered new tires and will get a front end alignment but I’m wondering what the root cause is. I’ve seen videos and posts about the “ bump steer” in the 2020 Supra’s and how it was changed in 2021. I have a few questions…. 1. Is this normal in all Supras. 2. If not.. is it specific to the 2020 model. 3. If so is there a permanent fix to my aligb
Sponsored

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I have a 2020 ... exactly the same wear on inside fronts .... geometry was out ( from factory) ...all ok since adjusted... and feels much more planted.

...i also invested in a Blitz front tower brace to lessen any flex...

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
How hard you are braking in that Supra? haha

Besides alignment - Hard braking will cause toe out condition and cause the inside of your tires to wear.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Have you ever had an alignment done on your car? If so what were the specs? If not that’s your problem, these cars often come out of the factory with the alignment pretty far out of spec.

OP
OP
WAM2

WAM2

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I
I have a 2020 ... exactly the same wear on inside fronts .... geometry was out ( from factory) ...all ok since adjusted... and feels much more planted.

...i also invested in a Blitz front tower brace to lessen any flex...
I have the blitz brace as well.. never put it on… just put on new tires yesterday and got a front end alignment… maybe I throw it on now

OP
OP
WAM2

WAM2

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
How hard you are braking in that Supra? haha

Besides alignment - Hard braking will cause toe out condition and cause the inside of your tires to wear.
Not breaking hard…. Never been to the track … aside from getting on it every now and then late night on the interstate I’m a pretty conservative driver..
Sponsored