Transporting 4 wheels with tires inside the car- easy

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
I couldn’t find a solid answer on transporting a complete wheel and tire set inside the car before trying it for myself. I apologize if this is common knowledge, surely people have done this before, but any pioneers out there were missed by me. I was surprised by the lack of info on this although it could just be my lack of competence in searching the forum. This is pretty convenient for hauling drag and track sets to an event if you don’t have any friends.

Anyways, 15 minutes to pull passenger seat, roll bar thing, and trunk plastics and I had acres of room. Removing the bulky plastic walls from the trunk revealed enormous voids sprawling in every direction and I was taken suddenly by a lucid vision of a mechanical engineer in the interiors department using his fancy math and pi to somehow fuck us out of 8 bushels of usable storage.

This set fit very neatly and easily- because of the pizza cutters obviously.
But it was a long drive to get them, so after stripping the interior I did put my car on jacks and do a quick test run with my oem wheels to be sure. They fit, just not as pretty. A few moving blankets and strategic pieces of cardboard will do. I didn’t take pictures of the oem wheels inside but I can re-stage a photo tonight when I swap these if anybody needs to see to believe.

Side note: the “roll bar” (what are we calling that thing?) needs to come out if your hauling a normal wheel set. A drag pack with skinnies will clear it by a country mile though.

Thanks to @zrk for helping me believe it was doable before spending 10 hrs driving on a dice roll.

IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0679.jpeg

IMG_0682.jpeg

IMG_0681.jpeg
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Luckily I live in FloRida and a wheelchair/buggy cart dealer could throw on a mini trailer if needed. I tend to stay overnight and would need to bring a toothbrush. But for trips straight back and forth, well dun 👏🏼 - I wouldn’t have thought it was possible. Especially with wider tires 😯

OP
OP
ope_sry

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
☝🏼So what happened was halfway back from Milwaukee to Minneapolis one of my front tires started doing that thing with the cupping and the shaking that an out of whack alignment eventually bites you with out of nowhere. I had tools thankfully but needed to stop and buy a cheap jack and swap them in the parking lot-thereby paying my dumbass tax for the year.

Otherwise, loving the new look

IMG_0689.jpeg

IMG_0688.jpeg
Sponsored