• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Functional hood vents coming soon!

DR.Tuning

First Name
WANG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0L Turbo & 2015 Veloster Turbo
View attachment 56963
Honeycomb deisgn and again with 1:1 tabs as original one for installation.
PP material injection.
Coming soon after 2 months!
PS#1:Rains will flow through the side of the hood.
PS#2:need drille hole on hood to make it real functional.

5740870b0dfb833d90b606cb739378c.png

522a26a14525cae5db79a40c6ad01d5.png

8d420eebd473d324917ed46bab91450.png

5e17bcfce36cb5852d34357edd913e9.png
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
Has anyone tried using a thermal cam while the car is running for other hood vents? Interested to see if drilling holes are really needed or not. There looks to be channels. Or even just using compressed air in the channels and see where the air goes.

OP
OP
DR.Tuning

DR.Tuning

First Name
WANG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Has anyone tried using a thermal cam while the car is running for other hood vents? Interested to see if drilling holes are really needed or not. There looks to be channels. Or even just using compressed air in the channels and see where the air goes.
you idea is special,I hope someone can test it

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I have not, but I did measure IATs after installing the @A90 Shop. There was no measurable difference like there was with the Verus Engineering hood louver. I wasn't exactly expecting any given their placement.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have not, but I did measure IATs after installing the @A90 Shop. There was no measurable difference like there was with the Verus Engineering hood louver. I wasn't exactly expecting any given their placement.
I mentioned this on another thread but i'm wondering if the functionality occurs when the car is in motion. This was a hot topic for the rx8 back in the early 2000's and someone posted thermal images of the rx8 in motion where the vent becomes functional vs it being at rest. That's why i brought up the compressed air idea to see if air does flow through the channels on the hood and out the vent. Just some thoughts.

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
I mentioned this on another thread but i'm wondering if the functionality occurs when the car is in motion. This was a hot topic for the rx8 back in the early 2000's and someone posted thermal images of the rx8 in motion where the vent becomes functional vs it being at rest. That's why i brought up the compressed air idea to see if air does flow through the channels on the hood and out the vent. Just some thoughts.
Functionality at speed could maybe be tested with the old pre computer age wind tunnel trick with strings attached to the bodywork?
Pull one out and see if there's a difference in the airflow at speed

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
Won't this just allow water to collect inside of the hood when it rains on the car? Behind the existing fake vents is just the inside of the hood, not open to the engine compartment, is it not?

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Won't this just allow water to collect inside of the hood when it rains on the car? Behind the existing fake vents is just the inside of the hood, not open to the engine compartment, is it not?
There are drain holes under them, the fake ones are probably not watertight either.

OP
OP
DR.Tuning

DR.Tuning

First Name
WANG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Funny how things happen, this thread was posted today while my attempt to utilize converted original vents to achieve the same result is drying on the bathroom floor ?
man you damaged your original vents

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
There are drain holes under them, the fake ones are probably not watertight either.
I guess it's down to what folk consider functional then. I wasn't aware of the drain holes, so at least the water isn't pooling, but can we reasonably call all of this "functional" if you aren't also cutting the metal underneath to allow airflow?
Sponsored