Sponsored

H&R Springs

Shayne Gainer

New Member
First Name
SG
Joined
Sep 14, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
Location
Mossel Bay Western Cape
Car(s)
2024 Toyota Supra, and Mazda CX3
I'm in the market for a set of lowering springs for my 2024 A91. My car has done only 9800 km (5500 miles). I'm leaning towards H&R springs and just wondering whether or not it will wear out the standard shocks prematurely?

wow.webp
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

LukeK_GT

Member
First Name
Luke
Joined
Jul 22, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
Sydney Australia
Car(s)
2026 GR Supra Track Edition, 2019 Mazda MX-5 30 AE, 2015 Holden Astra GTC
Hi Shayne
I bought a set of used OEM shocks (from a 2023 Manual) already fitted with H&R springs and Millway camber plates as I was setting up camber to be more suitable for track use and this combo came up cheaper than just buying a new set of camber plates alone.
My car is a 2026 Manual Track Edition. Shock part numbers was identical.

The rear H&R is great. About a 15mm drop. So nothing drastic.
Front, total disaster. Dropped 50mm. Basically the car is not driveable as a street car that low down in the front.
Used it for one track day and was consistently riding the bump stops up front.
I suspect they are really for 4 Cylinder models.
Couple other guys here in Australia I know that have had Supras and tried many things over the years confirmed this happens with H&R springs fitted. We only have Straight 6 models here.
I would say the front shocks would get destroyed internally long term like this.

I have HKS HAS springs coming in next week from RHD Japan that I ordered 2 months ago after fitting the H&R's to alleviate this. What I was going to buy if I was buying all the parts separately in the first place.
 
OP
OP
Shayne Gainer

Shayne Gainer

New Member
First Name
SG
Joined
Sep 14, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
Location
Mossel Bay Western Cape
Car(s)
2024 Toyota Supra, and Mazda CX3
Hi Shayne
I bought a set of used OEM shocks (from a 2023 Manual) already fitted with H&R springs and Millway camber plates as I was setting up camber to be more suitable for track use and this combo came up cheaper than just buying a new set of camber plates alone.
My car is a 2026 Manual Track Edition. Shock part numbers was identical.

The rear H&R is great. About a 15mm drop. So nothing drastic.
Front, total disaster. Dropped 50mm. Basically the car is not driveable as a street car that low down in the front.
Used it for one track day and was consistently riding the bump stops up front.
I suspect they are really for 4 Cylinder models.
Couple other guys here in Australia I know that have had Supras and tried many things over the years confirmed this happens with H&R springs fitted. We only have Straight 6 models here.
I would say the front shocks would get destroyed internally long term like this.

I have HKS HAS springs coming in next week from RHD Japan that I ordered 2 months ago after fitting the H&R's to alleviate this. What I was going to buy if I was buying all the parts separately in the first place.
Tksalot, Luke, I appreciate your feedback. I guess I would then rather also consider going for a set of adjustable HKS.
Sponsored

 
 








Top