High Plains Raceway, CO

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
Hey all - Looks like this is the main track for those in the Denver area. I'm curious who did their free track day here (or track days in general) and if you did, any recommendations? I've never tracked a car before, but could definitely see getting into it so want to make sure I have my act together before I look into scheduling the free day to start things off sometime this summer.

Mainly looking for specific information for this track and I know there is another detailed thread on tracking your Supra.
Sponsored

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
Live in the Denver area as well, did my free day there in 2020 and frequent HPR. Make sure you've got stuff with you to stay hydrated and comfortable through the day. Generally is pretty hot and breezy out there in the summer months, but can also have random ass storms blow in for a few. Really fun track, my personal favorite out of the 4 in this state. Lots of elevation changes and a bit of everything from technical sections to fast sweepers. Fairly low risk as well, run off and the worst you're doing almost anywhere there is just some off roading.

For the car, just show up and drive. DE1 you'll really just be there learning the track and feeling the car out so you shouldn't need to worry about brakes or tires so long as they're still in good condition. You decide to keep pursuing it, I'd look at upgrading pads and brake fluid and going to a better tire. There is fuel on site, but a bit pricey IIRC. I usually tow out there so I bring a lot more stuff with me, but first time I'd probably just bring some basic stuff, torque wrench and pressure gauge.

OP
OP
SupraTR

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
the car, just show up and drive. DE1 you'll really just be there learning the track and feeling the car out so you shouldn't need to worry about brakes or tires so long as they're still in good condition. You decide to keep pursuing it, I'd look at upgrading pads and brake fluid and going to a better tire. There is
Awesome - appreciate the reply and knowing someone's been out there! Watched a few videos of the track following your response and it looks like a great beginner track (in terms of risk) which I'll gladly take. Guess I need to look to signing up for my free track day to get this potential addiction going.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
Awesome - appreciate the reply and knowing someone's been out there! Watched a few videos of the track following your response and it looks like a great beginner track (in terms of risk) which I'll gladly take. Guess I need to look to signing up for my free track day to get this potential addiction going.
No problem. I try to get out there as often as I can, feel free to message me if you're looking to go at any point aside from your DE day. Actually going there again Thursday with SpeedEfx, likely again in June and will probably be there 4th of July weekend. Think you're gonna really enjoy it and be hooked after.
Sponsored