HKS HiperMax Springs Height Adjustment

NFG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Has anyone had issues with adjusting the height? Im really not sure which ring to loosen and then what to turn in order to lower it. Id want to lower the car another .5 or .75 inches. Ive seen different how to’s on youtube but seems to be different by each make of springs/coilovers. There are also mentions of preload effected by turning one of the rings but HKS does not mention anything of that for this installation. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
Has anyone had issues with adjusting the height? Im really not sure which ring to loosen and then what to turn in order to lower it. Id want to lower the car another .5 or .75 inches. Ive seen different how to’s on youtube but seems to be different by each make of springs/coilovers. There are also mentions of preload effected by turning one of the rings but HKS does not mention anything of that for this installation. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
not quite sure if i heard this right, i could be wrong also, but in order to adjust it you have to remove it? sounds like too much work for being adjustable. but i think i heard it from someone who installed it in youtube..

xBADCOMPANYx

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS, GenCoupe, Duramax Colorado, A90
you don't have to remove them but it's not easy to adjust... requires some coaxing for sure... the fronts are not that bad to adjust when unloaded as long as your set screws are tight enough. for the rears, going down isn't too bad, but going up is challenging. the spring perch in the rear likes to spin so you have to hold it very tightly and it's not easy. make sure you don't damage the threads. it's easier to do the math on the lever ratios and set everything when you first install but it can be done still once installed.
Sponsored