HKS Spring install, cut bump stop and place the packer

evendale

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37, FRS, Supra
Hi Guys, I read the instructions and get confused words below on page 17 (instructions)instructions
*Note: Fixing the provided packer in the spring is needed when the height adjusts more than 24 mm. (Diagram. 2-2)
*When it adjusts the height under 24 mm, remove the provided packer from the spring. (Diagram 2-2)
*When it adjusts the height less than 17 mm, cut an excess height portion of the front spring bumper.
For default setting height/height during testing attach a provided packer.

My understanding is that cutting the bump stop is to provide more strut travel length, and adding the packer will decrease the travel length.
The questions are:
1. If I just use the default setting provided by HKS, 25mm drop in the front, do I need to cut the bump stop?
2. If I lower it over than 25mm, usually more strut travel length is needed since spring is lowered, but by the instructions above, packer should be placed and bump stop should NOT be cut, which will result in decreasing the strut length even than stock. Is it correct?
3. HKS claims that front can be lower from 25mm to 48mm, but I can see there are plenty of thread left to raise up on the default settings, which means it is possible to raise up to stock height. Any idea why does HKS recommend to lower it at least 25mm?

Please share the pics of your car on lowering spring with height and wheel/tire setup info. Need some advice to see how much to lower.
Sponsored