Zhupra_

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0 GTS
good evening folks, i would love some advice or anyone who can chip in

i currently have HnR lowering springs on my car, and I recently changed my wheel setup to the TE37sl in 18inch with 35 profile tyres and no kidding, i am literately scraping everywhere, the car is unbelievably difficult to drive.
While, i could go bigger profile tyres, i just dropped alot of money on new sets and i do love the way the 35 looks compared to the 40.

Does anyone know if the HKS adjustable springs offer a mild drop setting? (low but i want perhaps 10mm more higher in the front) as i find that the 0.75 R and F 1 inch drop is not true and has dropped way lower than i expected.

Thank you guys!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Zhupra_

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0 GTS
Hey thanks for replying @zrk, i was asking more of how high can they go? hopefully higher than the HnRs?

Meep

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
It can go a lot higher than the HnR's, its why its adjustable. It'll solve your issue, I had the same problem where I had swift springs and 18 inch, 275 squared and would rub, the HKS adjustable fixed it for me

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
If it's right that your tires are 18" and 35 profile all around, then your tires may be a bit smaller than OEM, which could be contributing to the scraping. I have H&R but on 255/35/19 and 305/30/19 and I don't scrape anywhere but the steepest driveways. That said, I think you can raise HKS to near stock ride height, but then why not consider going back to the stock springs?

If you're looking at adjustables, you should also consider MSS but they cost a bit more than HKS.

SlickRicATL

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium (Red)
I have the HKS adjustable springs sitting on 19inch x TE37 M spec Supra fitments. The factory settings from HKS is perfect and clean. Never have had any tire rubbing concerns. I am on OEM tires as well. Not sure of this helps any.

OP
OP

Zhupra_

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0 GTS
Go MSS instead. Easier to adjust the rear ride height than the HKS variant.
hey, thanks for the reply, but i live in Australia and i have to import the MSS spring kit and ends up being quite expensive. so i rather not haha.

if the HKS can emulate just a slight drop from stock is what i am after. ive been told by friends the HKS is firmer which is def what i want over the HnR and the atrocious stock springs. cheers

OP
OP

Zhupra_

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0 GTS
It can go a lot higher than the HnR's, its why its adjustable. It'll solve your issue, I had the same problem where I had swift springs and 18 inch, 275 squared and would rub, the HKS adjustable fixed it for me
Do you like the handling of the HKS? any improvements over the swift?

I dont scrub at all on the HnRs but its way too low to daily drive now... i want to raise the suspension up a bit in the front and it will be perfect, currently my side skirt is the lowest point which is extremely weird. cheers

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I had H&Rs then swapped them for HKS because the H&R dropped the front too low for me. It didn’t match the rear, and I was scraping occasionally, so I wanted to raise the front back up a bit. It sounds like the exact thing you want to do. The HKS worked out great, I lifted the front up to match the rear and it looks perfect now, and still has a lot of room to go up or down on all 4 corners.

OP
OP

Zhupra_

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0 GTS
I had H&Rs then swapped them for HKS because the H&R dropped the front too low and I wanted to raise it back up, which sounds like the exact thing you want to do. The HKS worked out great, I lifted the front up to match the rear and it looks perfect now, and still has a lot of room to go up or down on all 4 corners.
exactly what am doing; cheers for that!!

Did you adjust them out of the car or while it was in the car? any recommended changes? cheers

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
exactly what am doing; cheers for that!!

Did you adjust them out of the car or while it was in the car? any recommended changes? cheers
I was able to adjust the front while still installed on the car, but I had to pull the rear out and put it in a vice to adjust it. The rears are super easy to pop in and out though so it wasn’t a big deal.

The “factory” setting on the HKS was very close to what I wanted. I let them settle for a couple of weeks, then measured my ride height on all 4 corners. I ended up adjusting the front right up a tad and the rear right down a tad (about 1/8” each). I didn’t have to adjust the left side at all.

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
I have the HKS adjustable springs sitting on 19inch x TE37 M spec Supra fitments. The factory settings from HKS is perfect and clean. Never have had any tire rubbing concerns. I am on OEM tires as well. Not sure of this helps any.
How much does it drop from factory to the default HKS Setting? About half an inch drop? I've seen some installations and most feel like it looks close to stock.

I purchased some HKS Adjustable springs and haven't installed but like that you can stay almost factory height or drop it much more

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How much does it drop from factory to the default HKS Setting? About half an inch drop? I've seen some installations and most feel like it looks close to stock.
Around 0.7-0.9” in my experience. About the same as the H&R rear, less than the H&R front.

SlickRicATL

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium (Red)

I purchased some HKS Adjustable springs and haven't installed but like that you can stay almost factory height or drop it much more
Here is a pic for reference.

20220707_204650.jpg
Sponsored