How do I perform a factory reset on my 2020 Premium?

spydox

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Sadly, my buyer is supposed to show up tomorrow (I half-hope he's a no show, but these payments are over-whelming).

I want erase everything- contacts, phones, greeting name, destinations, recent nav, stored locations, maps, favorites, internal-disk music library, settings, etc..

I searched here for "factory reset" , and in the 2020 manuals, and in google, but I only saw ECU/maintenence resets?

Also how do I release the VIN for a new user to assume the car on the website?

TYVM team Supra!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
For Supra connect, just delete the car from within your app. It will force the new buyer to set it up on their account.

Other than manually deleting phones that you connected, I'm personally not sure how to "reset" the headunit

OP
OP

spydox

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I watched a BMW video that showed a menu item somewhere under settings, where they had an option for RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS..

I spent about 10 minutes today in my Supra menus and didn't find any option like that.

Dang the luck!

OP
OP

spydox

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OK well my baby is gone. The dealer promised to reset it but I have my doubts since this is the dealer I had bought it from and when I got it, the previous owner info was in there!

Who knows I might buy another- but I really want a manual-shift removable hardtop next time..

Chow!
Sponsored