Hard reset of factory ecu

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Sorry for all the threads but im trying to chase some issues.

Can the factory ecu be hard reset?
My A90 may have potentially been tuned with a piggyback but the issue is I have zero clue if it has been or hasn't been. At this point trying to reset it to stock seems like the safest bet and then continuing from there vs running it when I have zero clue whether it was flashed and then never put back to a stage 0 map before it was sold to the dealer.
I wasnt sure if leaving the battery unplugged or anything along those lines could be done.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Piggybacks aren't flashes, so there's nothing to do. If the piggy back is still installed, then remove it.
Its not installed anymore, so essentially if it's not plugged in then its back to the factory ecu correct?
I just wanna make sure the piggyback can't change any parameters prior to being removed and then leaving them after being taken off if the owner parted the car.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Its not installed anymore, so essentially if it's not plugged in then its back to the factory ecu correct?
I just wanna make sure the piggyback can't change any parameters prior to being removed and then leaving them after being taken off if the owner parted the car.
It cannot. The piggyback sits between sensors. accepting the value from a sensor, modifying it, then passing it to the ECU. Once it's removed, it's over.

You good now, homie.

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
It cannot. The piggyback sits between sensors. accepting the value from a sensor, modifying it, then passing it to the ECU. Once it's removed, it's over.

You good now, homie.
Thanks buddy

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
OP if your car hadn't been flashed for the open recall, I'd get that done because chances are you will get the latest factory flash for the car.

Then get that DP fixed.. just run the stock one. Less hassle more time for snacks.

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
OP if your car hadn't been flashed for the open recall, I'd get that done because chances are you will get the latest factory flash for the car.

Then get that DP fixed.. just run the stock one. Less hassle more time for snacks.
I've called the dealership and told them I need to get the car in for it and im waiting to hear back actually but thats a good point thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra