Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
It was
130716 - VANOS, exhaust: Control fault, camshaft jams
And
13070C - VANOS, exhaust, cold start: not controllable

after I switched back to a 0-30 oil the 13070C never showed up again, only the 130716 code popped up once after not driving for a few days
And I’m guessing you never had any faultless in terms of your actual solenoid or misfires etc
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
The only aftermarket part I’ve seen close to the ECU is a methanol injection system.

Maybe one of the guys running meth can chime in.

-RJM

2FF9071E-56B0-4891-BF21-A58D2E6252DA.jpeg
I run meth, but run it through BMS's FSB. I did not tap that location. It's likely port injection that was mentioned above.

Might as well go full send on this one and put the Port Injection back on it. ;)

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I run meth, but run it through BMS's FSB. I did not tap that location. It's likely port injection that was mentioned above.

Might as well go full send on this one and put the Port Injection back on it. ;)
Right now I’m trying to figure out if the pure might still be on it ?. I put up a photo since short of pulling the charge piping I’m not sure how else to identify a pure turbo

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Right now I’m trying to figure out if the pure might still be on it ?. I put up a photo since short of pulling the charge piping I’m not sure how else to identify a pure turbo
Remove the turbo, the blades say pure on it

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Remove the turbo, the blades say pure on it
Lol that’s my last option lmao I know it’s not a hard job but I’m just short on time with work. I think if I pull the charge piping off the inlet I should be able to see the blades even if I use my camera to get a photo. I was hoping for some exterior machining marks but that doesn’t seem to be a thing.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Lol that’s my last option lmao I know it’s not a hard job but I’m just short on time with work. I think if I pull the charge piping off the inlet I should be able to see the blades even if I use my camera to get a photo. I was hoping for some exterior machining marks but that doesn’t seem to be a thing.
Dont pull the charge pipe...Pull the intake pipe off and use a mirror takes like 3 minutes to remove it.

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Dont pull the charge pipe...Pull the intake pipe off and use a mirror takes like 3 minutes to remove it.
That’s actually not something I even thought of lmao. I did just realize shouldn’t the pure have a large inlet pipe though? I was just watching an open turbo swap and doesn’t the inlet for the factory turbo fit just inside the compressor side and since the pure is larger they give you a larger inlet pipe to adjust for that

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
its not.. That car has a stock turbo on it now. I had seen the car around in Florida at a meet.

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
its not.. That car has a stock turbo on it now. I had seen the car around in Florida at a meet.
Haha dam, so is there any issue with leaving the wiring for the port injection then?
the thing I’m currently trying to figure out is why when I’m logging with MHD I’m on a stock map with MHD installed and still seeing 17psi of boost. I thought they revert to a stock map which should be 13psi

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
Haha dam, so is there any issue with leaving the wiring for the port injection then?
the thing I’m currently trying to figure out is why when I’m logging with MHD I’m on a stock map with MHD installed and still seeing 17psi of boost. I thought they revert to a stock map which should be 13psi
If you have a catless downpipe it might cause some overboost. Not sure about just how much.

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
If you have a catless downpipe it might cause some overboost. Not sure about just how much.
Where have you heard this from? Just curious as to why

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
Where have you heard this from? Just curious as to why
I have a catless downpipe with no tune, car went into limp mode after a pull. Read the codes and it said boost pressure was too high. I asked around and most people said it’s likely because of my downpipe. I looked it up and a lot of people report +3/4 psi overboost with a catless downpipe when not tuned. I’m not sure if it’s 100% because of the downpipe but I took my intake off, inspected everything and nothing was loose.

Last edited: