How to disable factory alarm for towing

NocturnalEmber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Going to be towing the car on an enclosed trailer, and I can't really seem to find any specific information. I've looked in the owners manual but the wording wasn't super clear, so I was hoping someone here would be able to chime in.

Like I mentioned, the car is going to be towed for a long distance trip inside an enclosed car carrier. I don't want the alarm to go off due to noise/shock, etc and drain the battery. Does anyone happen to know how to temporarily disable the alarm while I'm transporting it?

Would I be able to just turn the car off and close the door and walk away, or would the system arm/lock after a period of inactivity? (I feel this would be the case).
Sponsored

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
1685277104817.png

Lock the car, press the lock button again, & watch the flashing light in the windshield for the pattern mentioned..

OP
OP

NocturnalEmber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1685277104817.png

Lock the car, press the lock button again, & watch the flashing light in the windshield for the pattern mentioned..
I noticed this in the owner's manual, but it doesn't specify whether or not it disables the shock sensor. I appreciate the help either way.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
I noticed this in the owner's manual, but it doesn't specify whether or not it disables the shock sensor. I appreciate the help either way.
Yeah I've only used it on a Ferry a couple of times for tilt. The manual doesn't make any mention of a shock sensor for what it's worth.

Looks like the manual says that the alarm isn't armed if you use the the physical key...

Rustyscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Tundra, 21 Supra, 66 VW Bus
When I tow mine, I just leave the car unlocked while going down the road. And then lock it up if I stop. I've always been using an open trailer.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I've also just unlocked the car while towing and then locked it again when I walk away.

OP
OP

NocturnalEmber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When I tow mine, I just leave the car unlocked while going down the road. And then lock it up if I stop. I've always been using an open trailer.
I've also just unlocked the car while towing and then locked it again when I walk away.
I always figured it'd auto lock, but I suppose I can just leave the key inside the car and power it off with the power/volume button. I don't know why I didn't think about that earlier.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I always figured it'd auto lock, but I suppose I can just leave the key inside the car and power it off with the power/volume button. I don't know why I didn't think about that earlier.
I unlock it, open the door, then close it. I don't think I've ever had it auto lock after that. Leaving the key in is another option, yep.

OP
OP

NocturnalEmber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I unlock it, open the door, then close it. I don't think I've ever had it auto lock after that. Leaving the key in is another option, yep.
yeah its surprising to me that it doesn't automatically lock, but I'm not complaining that I now have two options that I know of to ensure my battery isn't dead afterwards.

Reactions: kaj

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
yeah its surprising to me that it doesn't automatically lock, but I'm not complaining that I now have two options that I know of to ensure my battery isn't dead afterwards.
There's probably a setting that auto locks when the key is out of range....?

OP
OP

NocturnalEmber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There's probably a setting that auto locks when the key is out of range....?
Yeah, that's likely what it is if I had to guess, I can't imagine the car would leave itself unlocked if it sensed it was off and the driver walked away. I figured it would lock eventually. But regardless, I'm just going to leave the key in the car.

I also completely forgot I can unlock it with the Supra Connect app. That thing isn't *completely* useless.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yeah, that's likely what it is if I had to guess, I can't imagine the car would leave itself unlocked if it sensed it was off and the driver walked away. I figured it would lock eventually. But regardless, I'm just going to leave the key in the car.

I also completely forgot I can unlock it with the Supra Connect app. That thing isn't *completely* useless.
I never got mine to connect to car, but woulda been cool.
Sponsored