How much attention does your car get?

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
4 different people JUST TODAY. The first, I was getting in the car outside the coffee store & an older guy (older than me & I'm 60) asks about the car. At 2 of my 4 client visits, employees who I barely know tell me how nice my car is & ask lots of questions. and mid day, as I was getting back in my car after visiting another client a kid (college age) stopped his bike to look at the car, and as I walked up he asked if he could take pics.
Before the MKV, my previous 2 sports cars were both a 2006 BMW Z4 ///M roadsters. (first was totaled so I found another 500 miles away identical to it). I owned those 2 cars a total of 12 years and put 160,000 miles between them. I've had the MKV since April 2nd this year, and I've had 3 to 4 times as many comments on the Supra as I did in the 12 years of owning the Z4s.
The funniest interaction was 2-3 months back. I went to play golf at a course about 50 miles north of where I live. As I was coming out of the clubhouse after I signed in, I saw a kid (again, college age) right behind my car literally screaming to his buddy to come over "this is the new Supra - you gotta come look!!". So I see him bend down right near the hatch to get a closer look. Me being me (yes I can be an asshole!) I press the button to pop the hatch. I've replaced the pistons & added springs so it jumps right open. Scared the shit out of the kid! But we had a great chat about the car & I let him sit in it & fire her up.
I would like to know more about your piston and spring setup. That could be really useful.
Sponsored

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My point exactly šŸ˜œ

I think my problem is my car is so fcuking loud! Iā€™d convert her to the touring AWE exhaust (and call @NitroYellowMKV to buy one) if my wife would let me.
What have you done to your car? For some reason, I thought you were stock with the exception of suspension parts

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Not much right now, mainly the neighbors rubber necking two in the garage when the doors up. Itā€™s been raining so much - havenā€™t had a lot of drive time. When out as of late every drive Thru or somewhere Iā€™ve been almost every time someone compliments or wants to discuss the car or talk about MKIV vs MKV and how they like the MKIV better and I explain thatā€™s simply because you read something on the internet and havenā€™t had the chance to drive both like me, as I know the MKV is a far superior experience. Nostalgia isnā€™t everything itā€™s cracked up to be. šŸ˜†

Last edited:

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
Pretty much every drive I go on, I'll either get: someone aggressively driving and sticking their phone out the window to record/take photos, people saying nice bmw / is that a supra, or people coming up to inspect the car - usually oddly close and peering into the window lmao

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
What have you done to your car? For some reason, I thought you were stock with the exception of suspension parts
You are correct! However, I did get a AWE track exhaust (my wife absolutely loves the sound!), catless dp from @NitroYellowMKV and he gave me a bluetooth JB4 for my stock cat. So then I got a Jesse custom tune. Word on the street is I could easily convert mine to a touring AWE and wife will probably never know. I just havenā€™t looked into it yet. But will contact NitroYellowMKV when this track season is overā€¦ Donā€™t get me wrong. It sounds AMAZING!!!! But it would be nice to tone it I down on the drives to and from the track and the occasional short drive to work.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
You are correct! However, I did get a AWE track exhaust (my wife absolutely loves the sound!), catless dp from @NitroYellowMKV and he gave me a bluetooth JB4 for my stock cat. So then I got a Jesse custom tune. Word on the street is I could easily convert mine to a touring AWE and wife will probably never know. I just havenā€™t looked into it yet. But will contact NitroYellowMKV when this track season is overā€¦ Donā€™t get me wrong. It sounds AMAZING!!!! But it would be nice to tone it I down on the drives to and from the track and the occasional short drive to work.
Definitely try the touring. The conversion is so easy to do and undo that you might as well. If you decide to stick with the track version Iā€™m sure you could sell the touring bits no problem.

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1. I really have missed a lot with regard to your car changes
2. I have an AWE touring on my DD and it's great
3. You are able to switch from track to touring easily. Basically they'll just sell you the rear section and got can bolt that on in place.
4. How are you enjoying the jb4 in comparison to stock?

I think that's all I have for now

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Pretty much every drive I go on, I'll either get: someone aggressively driving and sticking their phone out the window to record/take photos, people saying nice bmw / is that a supra, or people coming up to inspect the car - usually oddly close and peering into the window lmao
They think that's where the turbo is! Lol

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
1. I really have missed a lot with regard to your car changes
2. I have an AWE touring on my DD and it's great
3. You are able to switch from track to touring easily. Basically they'll just sell you the rear section and got can bolt that on in place.
4. How are you enjoying the jb4 in comparison to stock?

I think that's all I have for now
Yeah, Iā€˜m definitely going to do the touring off season. Sneak it in when the wife isnā€™t looking šŸ˜‰. As far as the JB4, it was part of my catless dp purchase with NitroYellow at the time. Between him, Jesse and my mechanic, no major issues whatsoever. Bigger power gains than I was expecting by far. I can turn it off when it gets too hot at the track. And Jesse will work with me if I want to keep it on while tracking. Great experience!

I will say the fastest Supras on track are not running any engine mods. This car just doesnā€™t need it to maintain really fast speeds on track. Would it be nice? Absolutely! I bought a heat exchanger from Jesse and he said heā€™ll help me play with it. Iā€™ll have a ā€œcopilotā€œ log some pulls on track after gettin that installed. Itā€™s definitely fun in town or blasting off coming out of an apex !! The boost is insane šŸ¤©

DE56FF83-BD4E-49DC-AD88-51F9EDA95681.jpeg

Only one brand lap timer (Catalyst) and itā€™s early in the year, but just a reference of best lap times at Homestead for other non track peeps - an idea of fast track times in relation to low HP cars.

Last edited:

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, Iā€˜m definitely going to do the touring off season. Sneak it in when the wife isnā€™t looking šŸ˜‰. As far as the JB4, it was part of my catless dp purchase with NitroYellow at the time. Between him, Jesse and my mechanic, no major issues whatsoever. Bigger power gains than I was expecting by far. I can turn it off when it gets too hot at the track. And Jesse will work with me if I want to keep it on while tracking. Great experience!

I will say the fastest Supras on track are not running any engine mods. This car just doesnā€™t need it to maintain really fast speeds on track. Would it be nice? Absolutely! I bought a heat exchanger from Jesse and he said heā€™ll help me play with it. Iā€™ll have a ā€œcopilotā€œ log some pulls on track after gettin that installed. Itā€™s definitely fun in town or blasting off coming out of an apex !! The boost is insane šŸ¤©

DE56FF83-BD4E-49DC-AD88-51F9EDA95681.jpeg

Only one brand lap timer (Catalyst) and itā€™s early in the year, but just a reference of best lap times at Homestead for other non track peeps - an idea of fast track times in relation to low HP cars.
Sounds like you made a solid choice. Jesse and the others won't steer you in the wrong direction.

I need to get out to a track day in stock form.

Holy moly that crx is flying
Sponsored