How to disable keyless entry

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Hi,

Does anyone know how to disable keyless entry by any chance? (Without affecting keyless start).

Ideally I'd like to have set up like a "normal old" car where I lock and unlock using the buttons on the key fob.

Thanks.
Sponsored

eliotrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ice Grey 3.0
Just to check. You arent doing this for security reasons are you? Cos if you are just wanted to make you aeare the Supra has the G series bmw version of keyless (i.e. much much more secure)

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have seen threads from folks describing that exact scenario as an antenna failure fixed by the dealership by replacing the failed external antenna (in the trunk area by the telematics, maybe???)

either way the net result of the antenna failure was the lack of keyless entry ability requiring the use of the fob to lock/unlock. All other functions unaffected.

not a coding option but a possible solution.

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Pro, Toyota MR2 Mk3, Audi A2
Just to check. You arent doing this for security reasons are you? Cos if you are just wanted to make you aeare the Supra has the G series bmw version of keyless (i.e. much much more secure)
Thank you for the information as there has been reports of a spate of car thefts of cars with keyless entry in Northern Ireland over the past 11 months. So many that the police suspect it is planned by a criminal gang.
They recommend keeping keys away from boundary walls of your home (>6ft), keeping the keys in a Faraday pouch and using some form of mechanical deterent like a steering wheel lock. I always take my keys with me when I'm away on holiday trips so that there's no key to read or find should anyone try to burgle my home.
Sponsored