How to use these vampire clips

Roadrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv mt
I am not the best with electrical work, someone care to explain how to use these?

im trying to tap into daytime running lights and a ground wire to setup my illumo rgb lights.

theres 2 of them so im assuming one for each headlight?

IMG_1003.jpeg
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yeah, just slide your wire and the wire you want to tap into, and just close the top portion using pliers until it clicks (locks).

OP
OP
Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv mt
If I striped a bit of wire to splice should I use that striped part or should I just electrical tape that and use another section of it?

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
If I striped a bit of wire to splice should I use that striped part or should I just electrical tape that and use another section of it?
I would cut/tape off the striped section. The metal piece is designed to cut through the protective sheathing and help align with the core wire.

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Those things are pieces of shit. It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when you’ll have an issue.
don’t use those. If you need to do something easy go buy butt connectors and give it a proper crimp.
I installed professionally for 15 years and the number of times I had to redo installs that shittier shops did using those definitely paid some of my bills.
I hate those things. /end rant

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Make sure that metal piece is all the way in. also, wire should be in range of right thickness. - if the wire is too thin, metal piece will not reach copper core and if wire is too thick, it will cut the wire to compromise integrity of the wire.

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I agree with this statement too. I've had some success with these but also had one create a weak point on my 07 R1's harness causing the wire to eventually break.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
I agree with this statement too. I've had some success with these but also had one create a weak point on my 07 R1's harness causing the wire to eventually break.
That would be because you used the wrong size connector for the gauge of wire. These are simple devices, no wire stripping required. Install the connector over the wire you want to tap into and insert the end of the wire you want to be connected into the vacant hole and close the connector. The blade cuts the insulation and joins the two wires together as you close it, simple and effective.

Phil

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
That would be because you used the wrong size connector for the gauge of wire. These are simple devices, no wire stripping required. Install the connector over the wire you want to tap into and insert the end of the wire you want to be connected into the vacant hole and close the connector. The blade cuts the insulation and joins the two wires together as you close it, simple and effective.

Phil
Possibly/probably- it was part of the kit that came with my old dynojet power commander but that doesn't mean much.
Sponsored