Injen Intake and Charge Pipe Post Install Noises

nameless.a90

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
hi all, new here! apologies if this has already been asked/posted. I just installed an Injen Ram Air and Charge Pipe on my 2021 3.0 Premium. I took it out earlier for a "spirited" ride on a few pulls and everything is great. No CEL and the car ran great!

I got home and opened the hood to make sure the parts are still secure and heard a weird flapping noise near the intake? Also, when I shut the car off the engine made some weird rattling/popping noise?

Attached both videos....

NOTE: after I let the car sit a bit (about an hour) i turned it back on and the flapping noise is gone? Let it run for about 10 minutes and shut if off and the rattling noise from earlier when i shut the car off is also gone?

Any ideas? Is this something I should be worried about? Thank you all in advance!

For info on "performance" mods see below (in case any of these can also cause the noises)

Video 1 (flapping noise issue): you can hear it in the beginning of the video - may need to turn your volume up

https://kapwi.ng/c/f0SZuxyb

Video 2 (rattling/popping engine noise when engine is turned off): its at the end of the video

https://kapwi.ng/c/kvSZtmYY

1. aFe cat back exhaust
2. Injen Intake
3. Injen Charge Pipe

03a3d020-8d2f-422f-aa4e-38e13e4bc6c3-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Check the clamps around the "hump hose" are tight.
Did you remember to reuse/reinstall the OEM O Ring?

OP
OP
nameless.a90

nameless.a90

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yes, clamps are tight... o rings were reused on the new charge pipe.... what’s weird is the noise is gone.... I took it out again last night and did some spirited driving and when I got home shut the car off no noise....
Sponsored

Last edited: