It's going to be a liftback!

Are backseats a must have for you?

• Yes, I would not buy if it is not a 2+2.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I would prefer a 2+2, but it is not a deal-breaker.

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • No, I would rather have a 2 seater anyways.

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 13 19.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
^Same, like I said in the other thread there is quite a bit of room behind the driver.

Toyota-Supra-2018-par-David-Donckerwolke-pour-The-Automobilist.jpg

Last edited:

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
^Same, like I said in the other thread there is quite a lot of room behind the driver.

Toyota-Supra-2018-par-David-Donckerwolke-pour-The-Automobilist.jpg
i actually think its going to be a 4 seater
have you guys been in a corvette? look behind the seat :what: where is the room? proportions of the seat, door and hatch position are roughly the same in a c7 as this bmw.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
have you guys been in a corvette? look behind the seat :what: where is the room? proportions of the seat, door and hatch position are roughly the same in a c7 as this bmw.
Have you been in a RX7? If they can fit backseats into something that tiny than I'm sure there is a way to put some into this thing.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Have you been in a RX7? If they can fit backseats into something that tiny than I'm sure there is a way to put some into this thing.
poor comparison. totally different airbag & safety regulations. rx7 had zero airbags (also can't imagine side impact/small overlap would be any good) whereas my 86 has bags for the back passengers.. packaging a car is much easier without modern regulations.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
poor comparison. totally different airbag & safety regulations. rx7 had zero airbags (also can't imagine side impact/small overlap would be any good) whereas my 86 has bags for the back passengers.. packaging a car is much easier without modern regulations.
Want something more modern? Are airbags even required for the backseats? I believe the example below doesn't have any.

nv3.jpg

2013-Ferrari-California-rear-seats.jpg

Last edited:

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Want something more modern? Are airbags even required for the backseats? I believe the example below doesn't have any.

nv3.jpg
...? what is wheelbase of a california? hope you know it is quite a bit longer than either mk4 or 86..so what about something under 100?

I think there is a good amount of space in the C7.

2017-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-2lt-coupe-rear-seat.png
dont see any room :dunno: especially if the seats were actually in their normal spot instead of totally bent over lol

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
...? what is wheelbase of a california? hope you know it is quite a bit longer than either mk4 or 86..so what about something under 100?
Its 105.1 in. Sure, how about something called the 911...

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Its 105.1 in. Sure, how about something called the 911...
hmmm, now incomparable engine configuration. just look at where the windshield starts and ends on a 911 and where the doors are placed in relation to the body..

porsche-model.png

2019-Toyota-Supra-Side-View-630x373.jpg

Last edited:

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
if your 86 can have a backseat and a Celica has backseat I don't see why its not possible for this car. Also If you look at post #12 through the rear windshield i think there is enough space for a backseat there. I think the biggest cause of doubt for this car is the fact that it shares the same platform with the Z4 so most of us are quick to judge it as a z4 coupe. NO its on the same platform don't mean its going to be another 86/FRs project. If BMW can get a dimension that works perfectly for the Z, am sure Toyota would make sure to get a dimension that would work for the supra.

Last edited:

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
if your 86 can have a backseat and a Celica has backseat I don't see why its not possible for this car. Also If you look at post #12 through the rear windshield i think there is enough space for a backseat there. I think the biggest cause of doubt for this car is the fact that it shares the same platform with the Z4 so most of us are quick to judge it as a z4 coupe. NO its on the same platform don't mean its going to be another 86/FRs project.
wheelbase z4/supra - 98
mk4 - 100.4
86 - 101.2

how?

Lol, theres no winning with you. The R230 SL. It doesn't have backseats, but there is room for some.

08a07c7ef3_640.jpg
lol, there is nothing to "win"...I WANT backseats but it ain't happening.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
hmmm, now incomparable engine configuration. just look at where the windshield starts and ends on a 911 and where the doors are placed in relation to the body..
Lol, theres no winning with you. A little longer at 100.8 in, but the R230 SL. It doesn't technically have backseats, but there is room for some.

08a07c7ef3_640.jpg

We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
wheelbase z4/supra - 98
mk4 - 100.4
86 - 101.2

how?

The biggest mistake most of us are making is thinking the Z4 = the supra no it's NOT

There are a lot of cars out there that share chassis but there dimensions are completely different. the purpose of these partnership is not to build the same exact car and slap different badges on it. am very sure if this supra looks exactly the way it looks right now and they said it share the same platform with a BMW 2 series we won't be having this argument

SAME CHASSIS DON'T MEAN SAME DIMENSIONS/CONFIGURATION
SUPRA != BMW Z

Status
Not open for further replies.