Just got the title. Still don't have the car.

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. At least your dealer gave you a estimated date. Mine still just says they'll call me asap to sign papers when the car arrives without telling me a delivery date.
Have they told you anything? They should be able to tell you if it is held up at a port or in the delivery process....

Mine told me the 19th, However, I was able to view the screen from Toyota’s “Dealer Daily.” It indicated the car would arrive between August 12-19th.

It was initially held at the port for an undetermined amount of time. The dealer was able to contact the port, they let me know when it was released (about 2 weeks ago), as well as provided me with the estimated delivery date of the 19th.
Sponsored

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
Buying this car I did the complete opposite of what I would do in buying a new car. But hey it’s a Supra lol I see nothing wrong with what the op did and others did, including myself. Like my bud above said, it was to lock down the car at a reasonable price. Midwest dealers were the most reasonable on price but now seem to be the last to get the cars :bonk:

alex2364

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 BMW M4
Can’t speak for the OP, but can give you my scenario (as I already paid without a car).

Dealership is 1000 miles from me. I planned to be there for launch day to get my new ride, even though the dealer was unsure if they would have it by then. (I was a little too excited;)

Stayed in town for a week hoping it would arrive. I ended up booking a flight home and called to let the dealer know that I wasn’t going take anymore time off of work and was heading home.

I asked if we could do all the paperwork now, while I was in town, rather than doing everything via email and/or UPS. He said he would check on it and get back to me.

Called back and said if I wanted to I could stop down, do all the paperwork, then, when the car does arrive, send a friend to pick it up. Since I had already planned on paying for the car that week, I had the money sitting in my checking account making close to zero interest...

Figured I would take care of it all while I was in town allowing my buddy to collect the car as soon as it arrives and bring it to get PPF installed.

This is a large respected dealership, my friend is the CFO. I had zero worries about them trying to scam me. Also they sold it to me at MSRP, with other people paying large mark-ups, I was happy to lock-in my MSRP pricing.

After doing some checking, I was informed that I did not need insurance on it until the dealership turned the car over to me or my representative.

Since I paid cash for the car, I am not paying additional interest on a loan. If I would have left it invested in a fixed income investment, it would have been negatively affected by the fed’s recent rate cut. If I had it invested in equities (which I wouldn’t have, as I don’t feel equites are worth the risk when looking at extremely short-term (a few weeks)), I would have lost quite a bit, as the market has pulled back about 1500 pts.

Long story short, I was in town, had the money sitting in my checking account, wanted to take care of any paperwork in-person, wanted to lock-in MSRP and I was not worried about the dealership scamming me.

Car is set to arrive by the 19th.
So what are you going to do if the car is damaged either during transport or PDI? You would have lost all leverage for them to make it right for you. I never sign for a car until I can see it for myself and it’s in the condition I expect it to be.

Astral Tune

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Have they told you anything? They should be able to tell you if it is held up at a port or in the delivery process....

Mine told me the 19th, However, I was able to view the screen from Toyota’s “Dealer Daily.” It indicated the car would arrive between August 12-19th.

It was initially held at the port for an undetermined amount of time. The dealer was able to contact the port, they let me know when it was released (about 2 weeks ago), as well as provided me with the estimated delivery date of the 19th.
The sales person probably thinks I don't know about their dealer daily. I'm 27yrs old trying to buy a 60K LE supra, maybe he just sees me as some kid who just wants a fancy car. The sales person is not a car enthusiast and is just there to make a sale. I'm leaning on you guys on this forum for majority delivery info on supras. So far I see most of us in the midwest have not gotten our LEs and I'm fine knowing that. I should be #1 in line for my red LE anyway when it gets here.

Last edited:

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So what are you going to do if the car is damaged either during transport or PDI? You would have lost all leverage for them to make it right for you. I never sign for a car until I can see it for myself and it’s in the condition I expect it to be.
I would not accept the car and get my money back, depending on the situation.

These cars are selling over MSRP, they won’t have a hard time selling it if I were to back out.

Also, if I hadn’t paid yet, I would still have no leverage...they would just go to the next guy on the list.

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota will deliver our cars in perfect shape, I have no doubt about that. When is the question lol
Got an email today, my eta has changed to the 23rd-28th. :bat:

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dude, you have the patience of a saint. I hope the car is all you expected it to be and then some.
I pray for patience, but ya this is getting a little ridiculous. Lol

At least you got a date, keeps get pushed but a date. I just get no eta texts :confused1:
I would agree, even though none of the dates so far have been correct, having a date gives me something to focus on. With no date, I would be a mess. Lol

I feel for ya brother, but our time is coming.

Last edited:

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I pray for patience, but ya this is getting a little ridiculous. Lol

I would agree, even though none of the dates so far have been correct, having a date gives me something to focus on. With no date, I would be be a mess. Lol

I feel for ya brother, but our time is coming.
I’m sorry you guys. Can’t believe how unorganized this is for you. I can say the car is worth it, though!

OP
OP

MidgetCyclops

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ, Dodge Nitro, MKV Supra
Why would anyone sign for a car you can't see and take home?
Because I dont have to spend more time at the dealership signing paperwork when it shows up. I arrive, get keys, leave. When the car finally gets here that is.

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
Make sure you contact Toyota Corporate. Let them know how this dealership has handled your delivery.
It’s Toyota corporate changing the delivery dates lol or holding the cars. I’m sure the dealers would love to hand us our cars.