Kenji Garage DP vs Active Autowerke DP

uhh.supra

First Name
Aladdin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
I currently have the active autowerke catted downpipe installed on my 2023 Supra, I was looking around and stumbled upon the Kenji Catless Downpipe that also states it won't throw a CEL. Has anyone had any issues with the Kenji downpipe? I was thinking of making the switch for a little more sound.
Sponsored

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Never heard of it. Catless DPs cause CELs, so what workaround are they using?

OP
OP
uhh.supra

uhh.supra

First Name
Aladdin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
Never heard of it. Catless DPs cause CELs, so what workaround are they using?
They state they have some sort of Built-in CEL Delete, probably an o2 spacer

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
The two catless downpipes on stock tune that won’t throw a CEL are the armytrix and kenji. Most ppl that don’t want to tune use the armytrix it’s worked for just about everyone that’s used it here. Less ppl have used the kenji but I’ve heard that it works also. Only 100% certain way to remove the code is to tune the car and delete the cat efficiency code. I deleted mine with MHD

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
The two catless downpipes on stock tune that won’t throw a CEL are the armytrix and kenji. Most ppl that don’t want to tune use the armytrix it’s worked for just about everyone that’s used it here. Less ppl have used the kenji but I’ve heard that it works also. Only 100% certain way to remove the code is to tune the car and delete the cat efficiency code. I deleted mine with MHD
Good to know what armytryx won't throw a code. Not a bad price for their catless either.

Pito

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 1993 RX-7, 1991 MR-2 Turbo
I have had the Kenji for about a year. DP & Exhaust with Jesse JB4 E40ish tune. Drive it hard and two track days. Zero CEL.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
A few things to consider, if you are using a CEL delete, the brand of the downpipe no longer matters. Instead of paying $600 for the Kenji catless, you can get the MAD for $279 and buy a CEL delete for $20 off eBay or amazon. For $500, you can get a US handbuilt catless downpipe from Evolution Racewerks.
Note: we do not sell catless downpipes im only letting you know the options for that kind of budget.

Keep in mind the CEL delete does not fix all the catless downpipe issues; you will still need to delete the fuel smell and increased rasp in the exhaust sound.

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Do you know if either of those DP options still prevent a code from being thrown if on a JB4?

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
A few things to consider, if you are using a CEL delete, the brand of the downpipe no longer matters. Instead of paying $600 for the Kenji catless, you can get the MAD for $279 and buy a CEL delete for $20 off eBay or amazon. For $500, you can get a US handbuilt catless downpipe from Evolution Racewerks.
Note: we do not sell catless downpipes im only letting you know the options for that kind of budget.

Keep in mind the CEL delete does not fix all the catless downpipe issues; you will still need to delete the fuel smell and increased rasp in the exhaust sound.
I have read mixed reporting's on using the CEL deletes on normal catless DP's. But to my assumption, the "mini-cat" that is inside the CEL gets blown out/disintegrated over time, and perhaps this what is causing the CEL to be thrown after a while? Perhaps it should be treated as a consumable/wearable item and needs replacement every so often?

Any thoughts on this? Also, if my theory is correct and that Ebay CL Delete is a consumable, is it easily replaceable without having to take the DP off the vehicle?

NOTE: I am still on stock DP. This is just my thoughts on all the information I've seen over the past few months lol

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
I have had the Kenji for about a year. DP & Exhaust with Jesse JB4 E40ish tune. Drive it hard and two track days. Zero CEL.
Just curious, how many miles do you have on your Kenji (and how many with the tune?). Do you daily?

I'm so excited to go catless and a Jesse tune soon! I was really hoping the 2022's would be unlocked by now but I'm starting to become inpatient

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Do you know if either of those DP options still prevent a code from being thrown if on a JB4?
They both do i trust the armytrix more tho personally. I wasn’t a big fan of the JB4 when i had it power and was very choppy a real tune is a night and day difference man

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
They both do i trust the armytrix more tho personally. I wasn’t a big fan of the JB4 when i had it power and was very choppy a real tune is a night and day difference man
Thanks for the info. I was leaning towards the Kenji but seems like the Armytrix is the more common choice among you guys. May move my choice to that one!

a90trackedition

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
I have the Kenji DP--so far no CEL. I've done heavy driving, street driving, and will take it to the track soon. But so far, it's works as advertised.

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
I just bought a Kenji/ Function Werk 200 cell DP. Plenty of ppl run it with no CEL problems. I will be installing it pretty soon!
Sponsored