Knocking noise under load only

suprafly0784

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Anyone experienced a knocking noise under load only? This is definitely a knocking and not the normal ticking we have. Happens only under load and not when idling or revving in neutral or park. Im headed to the dealer on Tuesday but was just curious if anyone had experienced this. Ill see if I can attach a short video

Sponsored

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Never experienced this. I would take it to your dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
suprafly0784

suprafly0784

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Anyone experienced a knocking noise under load only? This is definitely a knocking and not the normal ticking we have. Happens only under load and not when idling or revving in neutral or park. Im headed to the dealer on Tuesday but was just curious if anyone had experienced this. Ill see if I can attach a short video
Never experienced this. I would defintely take it to your dealer asap.
Thatā€™s the plan. It seems weird for sure. At first i thought it might be rod knock but in idle, revving in neutral, and low speeds (under 20) I have nothing. That made me think it was rpm related but even when shifting down at about 18mph to raise the rpmā€™s still no sound. Then as soon as I hit 20-25 mph the sound returns. To clarify Iā€™m no longer driving it but done this when it first happened to duplicate the sound.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Also never heard this before. You said regardless of RPM, the knock is constant? Doesnā€™t seem to change in sync with RPM?

OP
OP
suprafly0784

suprafly0784

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Also never heard this before. You said regardless of RPM, the knock is constant? Doesnā€™t seem to change in sync with RPM?

From what I could tell itā€™s independent of RPM. Thatā€™s based on it not doing it in reverse, neutral and downshifting to raise rpmā€™s. Iā€™m starting to wonder if maybe itā€™s drivetrain or suspension related.

YellowJacket

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Toyota Supra 3.0
Wonder if something is scraping on rotor or something rubbing on a tire. I did get a rock stuck in a rotor dust shield that scared the crap outta me.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Definitely sounds like something is in your wheel. Doesn't sound mechanical related, but I could be wrong. I'd try taking wheel off and looking at it. Especially instead of wasting time for something like that at the dealership who very well could cause major problems šŸ˜‚

somekindafuzz

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I thought the same thing. Doesnā€™t sound like itā€™s the engine. Sounds kinda like something flapping around.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Pretty sure I figured it out. Finally got a chance to lift the car a little. Looks like the plastic skid plate is hanging
C75C8728-522D-4978-AF76-883DC4BC45C5.jpeg
Ha, that could definitely be it. It's a little hard to tell in that picture, but those things are very cheap to replace.

madkin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
Yea man, that's no tic that's a knock. I'll get her to a dealer asap. So you can savage whatever u can.
Sponsored