First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I finally had the KW DDC PNP installed and I must say the system is well worth the price. Extremely compliant in both Comfort and Sport. And I agree, it is a bit firmer than stock.... but handles the road inconsistencies so much better. Big Shout Out to Josh @ Miraki Autoworks for a seamless purchase transaction.
Thank you again! Glad you're enjoying it, great coilover!

-Josh
Sponsored

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Sorry to bump an old thread but theres not a lot of DDC coilovers out there.

After a 19 week wait I FINALLY got my KW DDCs in yesterday. I was reading through the install and watching a few youtubes (for V3, nobody seems to have the DDCs). I think im missing a part.

Heres what i got from KW:
IMG_4738.jpeg

Looking at the manual, and watching youtubes, I think theres suppsosed to be a sleeve on the bottom of the front struts:
IMG_4742.jpeg

Does anyone know if this part is supposed to be included?

THANKS!

OP
OP

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
You appear to have all of the parts. Are you referring to the "distance collar" or the top hat. There is no distance collar, just the lower strut mount but you need to make sure that the peg on the strut aligns with the slot on the mount. You reuse the factory top hat unless you buy an aftermarket hat. I purchased the aftermarket unit which allows for camber adjustment.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
I didn't realize there was an after market coil over solution that implements the oem adaptive system control. Do these adjust fairly low similar to HKS adjustable springs?

OP
OP

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
It's more of an issue of getting it high enough.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Sorry to bump an old thread but theres not a lot of DDC coilovers out there.

After a 19 week wait I FINALLY got my KW DDCs in yesterday. I was reading through the install and watching a few youtubes (for V3, nobody seems to have the DDCs). I think im missing a part.

Heres what i got from KW:
IMG_4738.jpeg

Looking at the manual, and watching youtubes, I think theres suppsosed to be a sleeve on the bottom of the front struts:
IMG_4742.jpeg

Does anyone know if this part is supposed to be included?

THANKS!
I don't see the rear adjustable collar.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I have an opportunity to switch from my HKS adjustable springs to these. What do you think?

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have an opportunity to switch from my HKS adjustable springs to these. What do you think?
If your Supra is a daily driver, go for it. Theyre relatively soft so great for that (even in sport). If its a fun/weekend car, go Ohlins. I probably will get rid of my DDCs and go Ohlins.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
If your Supra is a daily driver, go for it. Theyre relatively soft so great for that (even in sport). If its a fun/weekend car, go Ohlins. I probably will get rid of my DDCs and go Ohlins.
Yes it's a DD and won't ever see a track. I would prefer they be stiffer than the HKS though.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes it's a DD and won't ever see a track. I would prefer they be stiffer than the HKS though.
I never ran the HKS, i did Swifts before these. Theyre plenty stiff for fun/DD duties, and the difference between comfort and sport is quite large. In comfort i scrape my diffuser over highway bumps, in sport i never do. One thing about these is the lower you go, the less stiff they are, since KW have you change your height by changing preload. So if youre not super low, theyre stiffer.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Did you ever figure out what happened to your missing sleeve? Do we need it for the DDC version?

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 8.02.30 PM.png