Looking for a shop in the Metro-Detroit area

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0; 2007 Nissan 350Z
Hi all,

New owner and member, I bought my 2022 3.0 in January. I'm looking for a reputable shop to install an exhaust (I'm leaning towards FI) and other mods later down the road. Any suggestions in Wayne, Oakland, or even Washtenaw? I'm in Plymouth, if that helps. Thanks!
Sponsored

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
Precision Motorsports in Farmington Hills. They specialize in BMW's (and the Supra by proxy). They do tons of exhausts and performance related work. They've had enough Supras come through that I trust them to know what they're doing. Also, their Instagram page is pretty active if you wanted to see any of their work

OP
OP
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like they just installed a Boostlogic exhaust on a Supra 2 weeks ago. This is a great suggestion. Thank you so much!

300BLK

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0P, 23 Tacoma, 22 Mercedes Benz GLB
Just had them do my alignment after Toyota tech made the car worse :rolleyes: good group of guys I met Roman and Dzenis. I'll probably be back to get a downpipe and tune whenever I get some spare money that my wife or kids haven't beat me to 😆

OP
OP
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just had them do my alignment after Toyota tech made the car worse :rolleyes: good group of guys I met Roman and Dzenis. I'll probably be back to get a downpipe and tune whenever I get some spare money that my wife or kids haven't beat me to 😆
Oh boy, I need an alignment myself. Who should I be avoiding? This should be under warranty for me so I was going to take it to Victory in Canton. They took care of me after Suburban Toyota did not. Also, you're not the first person to I've heard this from.

And Precision seems good. I talked with Dennis on the phone and he really knew his stuff. I ran into an unplanned life expensive so I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I will.

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
Hidden Motorsports, out in Maumee (probably about an hour or so from you), is pretty well known for BMW / Supra modifications out here as well.
I had them install my E90 slave on mine.

300BLK

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh boy, I need an alignment myself. Who should I be avoiding? This should be under warranty for me so I was going to take it to Victory in Canton. They took care of me after Suburban Toyota did not. Also, you're not the first person to I've heard this from.

And Precision seems good. I talked with Dennis on the phone and he really knew his stuff. I ran into an unplanned life expensive so I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I will.
Suburban Toyota in Farmington Hills was the one that botched my alignment 😂. I did mine after lowering it so warranty wouldn’t have covered it and Precision was about $180 so $20-$30 cheaper than Suburban Toyota.

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Suburban Toyota in Farmington Hills was the one that botched my alignment 😂. I did mine after lowering it so warranty wouldn’t have covered it and Precision was about $180 so $20-$30 cheaper than Suburban Toyota.
I was originally going to get my MT from Suburban, but they dropped the ball so hard logistically with my allocation that I decided to take my business elsewhere.

OP
OP
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was originally going to get my MT from Suburban, but they dropped the ball so hard logistically with my allocation that I decided to take my business elsewhere.
I won’t buy from them. A few years back they had a used GT350 I was interested in buying. The salesman was total jerk the entire time.

By any chance do you have a Boostlogic exhaust installed?

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I won’t buy from them. A few years back they had a used GT350 I was interested in buying. The salesman was total jerk the entire time.

By any chance do you have a Boostlogic exhaust installed?
I do not. I'm still on stock exhaust for the time being

300BLK

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sounds like the consensus is a lot of bad experiences there all around. I never got a call back from them regarding an allocation either and they put me on the list in like July of 2022. Figured out later that one of the dealer guys ended up getting one though so guessing he pulled rank.

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
Biggest issue is not installation of exhaust but getting the old one home
Sponsored