Lowering Spring Install Shop

TWiTCHY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium
I spent a few days searching around the Pierce and King County area for a shop that will install my H&R Sport Springs and found a wide range of labor charges ($905, $750, $550, and $325). To save you guys some time, AMS AutoGroup in Tacoma/Lakewood area will do it for $325 with customer-supplied parts. I had never heard of them before but it looks like they cater to German makes with BMW primarily and have some strong positive reviews on Yelp. I think $325 for what I assume is roughly 2 hours of work is a reasonable labor charge versus the 6 hours I received from one shop.

I'll be going there in a few days to get the springs installed and will let you all know how it goes!
Sponsored

OP
OP

TWiTCHY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can find them for $270 at Redline360.

fiscally_stupid

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TG Supra
Nice good to know. Just trying to deiced if I want to HKS adjustable ones or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP

TWiTCHY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Install went smoothly! I had no idea AMS AutoGroup was a one-man show run by its owner, Derek, and having only a receptionist and detailer as his only business partners. He completed the work in 1.5 hours without issue. I'll definitely be using this guy for future work like replacing that stupid clown horn we all got :doh:

Rise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra / 2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Install went smoothly! I had no idea AMS AutoGroup was a one-man show run by its owner, Derek, and having only a receptionist and detailer as his only business partners. He completed the work in 1.5 hours without issue. I'll definitely be using this guy for future work like replacing that stupid clown horn we all got :doh:
Did you get any lights or have to tune the ecu? i asked my dealer to see how much they would quote me and they just said that it would cost a lot cause of all the sensors they gotta adjust and that i'd have to go to a tuner to fix errors so i don't get a check engine light? idk if the dealer knows wtf they are talking about as i haven't heard anything like that but just making sure i guess. Thanks.