Magnaflow Xmod tips are off to the left.

wormburner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 IS300 manual
I just had a Magnaflow xmod exhaust system installed on my Supra by a local shop (Exhaust System Hawaii). I have a stock downpipe so nothing should be out of spec. The kit came with the mufflers already attached to the tips. I told the guys at the shop that I wanted the straight pipe on the right (valved) side. When I picked up the car, I was told that the tips didn't line up on the right side and that it was straight when the muffler was on, but when they swapped out the bypass pipe, the right side didn't align. I didn't think much of it and thought maybe the bypass pipe was a little too short and I'd contact Magnaflow about it. I went home, removed the bypass, and measured it and it was the same exact length as the muffler so I can't see how that could be the case. I tried to make some adjustments with the center bracket myself, but it didn't resolve the problem. Right now, the two sides are as spread apart as the bracket will allow. I contacted Magnaflow and went back and fourth in emails. They said it needs to be loosened and readjusted to line up correctly. I was about to take it back to the shop, but then I noticed that if you look at the hangers and rubber grommets on both sides, the entire system is a far right (passenger side) as it will go. You can't push it anymore to the right. I'm thinking the hangers might've been welded a little off. Take a look at the pics. The left tip seems to be center, but the right needs to be pushed more to the right. If I can push everything a 1/4" more to the right it would be symmetrical. An easy, ghetto fix would be to take a wire hanger and pull it to the right, but I want a better solution. Maybe I can ask the shop to bend the bypass so it swings the tip a little more to the right. Any suggestions?

Left hanger.jpg

Right hanger.jpg

20230522_092649.jpg

right side.jpg
Sponsored

Patar

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Tungsten MK5 Supra (RIP), 2022 Nitro Yellow
There are 4 bolts that are attached to a small plate that connects the 2 mid-pipes. See if you can loosen that and re-align. Mine are spot on (when I had it installed the first time).

OP
OP
wormburner

wormburner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 IS300 manual
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try and adjust the plate so that both sides are as wide apart as possible. It didn't seem to help. When looking from the rear, does urs look like it's perfectly center on both cutouts or does it look like both sides are closer to the center. I ask because magnaflow said my right side is correct and my left side need to be closer to center.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
You may have to loosen some of the V Bands and shift the pipes around a little. I had to do that with mine to get it perfect. And still even then I have one tip that sticks out about 1/4 inch further than the other. I drives me insane but I literally could not get it any more even.

OP
OP
wormburner

wormburner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 IS300 manual
That would bug me too. I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm almost debating on trying to slightly bend the bypass pipe to angle my tip more right, but maybe I'll try to fuss with the center bracket again first.
Sponsored