Mounting Rear License Plate Without Drilling Holes

supraboostsd619

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93.5 MKIV Supra TT 6spd, 23 A91-MT CUL
Just got an A91-MT and I told the dealer not to drill holes for the included rear license plate plastic mounting bracket during PDI. I'm kind of hesitant drilling holes on this car... Thinking of just using some 3M automotive double-sided tape to mount the mounting bracket and then mount the license plate as normal. Anyone try this yet?
Sponsored

Sal Rod

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT SE
Just got an A91-MT and I told the dealer not to drill holes for the included rear license plate plastic mounting bracket during PDI. I'm kind of hesitant drilling holes on this car... Thinking of just using some 3M automotive double-sided tape to mount the mounting bracket and then mount the license plate as normal. Anyone try this yet?
Come on Bro,rear is no biggie.
Front holes i understand.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
Just drill it in. You are probably never going to remove the license plate or the bracket, and no one is going to care that the mounting bracket was drilled in to the bumper, since rear plates are required everywhere.

Sal Rod

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT SE
Just drill it in. You are probably never going to remove the license plate or the bracket, and no one is going to care that the mounting bracket was drilled in to the bumper, since rear plates are required everywhere.
I feel like sometimes people think they bought a bugatti chiron lol

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
I feel like sometimes people think they bought a bugatti chiron lol
Yeah Iā€™d hesitate about drilling holes well before Chiron levels, letā€™s say if we are talking about newer 911s or top trim Caymans, id probably think twice about drilling holes.

My OCD be kicking in at times.
Nah itā€™s all good. Im that way with phones and devices. Always have cases on them and tempered glass screen protectors. Hell I even put a tempered glass screen protector on the idrive screen in the Supra and I never even physically touch the screen.

Totally understand - it is a big purchase and everyone hates that first blemish on their car (whether itā€™s a rock chip, scratch or drilled holes).

Gratz on the A91-MT and welcome to the Supra MKV fam and hope to see your ride around in So Cal. šŸ¤™

Sal Rod

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT SE
Yeah Iā€™d hesitate about drilling holes well before Chiron levels, letā€™s say if we are talking about newer 911s or top trim Caymans, id probably think twice about drilling holes.

Nah itā€™s all good. Im that way with phones and devices. Always have cases on them and tempered glass screen protectors. Hell I even put a tempered glass screen protector on the idrive screen in the Supra and I never even physically touch the screen.

Totally understand - it is a big purchase and everyone hates that first blemish on their car (whether itā€™s a rock chip, scratch or drilled holes).

Gratz on the A91-MT and welcome to the Supra MKV fam and hope to see your ride around in So Cal. šŸ¤™
things is,he is hesitating drilling holes on a required by LAW rear plate.'
Sponsored

Last edited: