My first time drag racing

B50EIGHT

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I took my car out first the first time yesterday. So far, I've installed an Intake, DP, and a tune. This was also my first time racing at a track. From what everyone said, the drag strip isn't all that great, and cold as hell. But I did a 12.00 at 118mph on street tires, and my 60ft was only 1.90. Most of the day, I was launching in 2nd, but this pass I was in first. I dropped my Tire pressure down to 27PSI, trying to get the car to hook. I'm sure with more time ill get this car into the 11's

Any tips for the new guy?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
How many rpms were you launching at? Did you try a first gear launch?

OP
OP
B50EIGHT

B50EIGHT

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
How many RPMs were you launching at? Did you try a first gear launch?
I wasn't watching my RPMS because the track was running a pro tree, but my guess would be around 1900-2200. My best run was a first gear lunch, and I dropped my TP down from 38 to 29.

MKIII&V

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 Supra
The key to a good time is to get that 60" down. Which will be difficult on a stock tire. My fastest times have come when I have the car in automatic and launch at 2K rpms.

MKIII&V

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 Supra
In my opinion launch control sucks on our cars. Thereā€™s no ability to change the rpms you want to launch from. My best times have come from launching in first gear at 2200 rpms. Of course this was on a prepped track on the street I have to launch at a lower rpm.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Iā€™m a fan of the 2nd gear brake boost launch. I didnā€™t think a stock turbo car has the balls but itā€™s works like a champ!

OP
OP
B50EIGHT

B50EIGHT

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
The key to a good time is to get that 60" down. Which will be difficult on a stock tire. My fastest times have come when I have the car in automatic and launch at 2K rpms.
I'm thinking about getting a set of R888R. It's starting to warm up in my area. Hopefully, sometime soon ill be back at the track. Automatic with TC on? Some people run without it, but I couldn't get a good pass with the TC off.

OP
OP
B50EIGHT

B50EIGHT

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
In my opinion launch control sucks on our cars. Thereā€™s no ability to change the rpms you want to launch from. My best times have come from launching in first gear at 2200 rpms. Of course this was on a prepped track on the street I have to launch at a lower rpm.

Our launch control does suck. I'm hoping there's a fix to that one day. My best pass was a first gear launch. Which is interesting cause post people launch in 2nd and get their best times from that.