Nav System

cgeeze

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra GR 3.0
Got my 3.0 Premium last month from a dealer about 150 miles away, nobody closer had one, or they had one and were asking $5 to $7K over MSRP. No, thank you!
Anyway, after leaving I realized that the navigation system wasn't activated. That's what I get for leaving without checking EVERYTHING. So I called the dealer: "oh the USB with the code is in the car somewhere." Uh...no. "Okay, we'll order one for you." Uh...no. "Okay, log onto the Supra Map Activation app, order the key, then just plug your phone into the car via USB and the code will download." Uh...no, no, no, and...no!

It's not that I "needed" the nav system, but I paid for it and it should work properly!

After reading previous entries on this site from 3 years ago (!), I downloaded a copy of the Toyota Supra PDS and sent the dealer a copy. Then..."please bring your car in so we can take care of this for you." I would have been quite angry if they hadn't been so courteous, apologetic, and professional. They gave me a car, filled mine up, washed it, and I got lunch. Unbeknownst to all of us, Supra had released a system update on June 9th, so that took several hours before the map could be activated. So, if you haven't already been notified of a system update, be prepared. I don't know how Toyota/Supra will get the word out.

To those that posted about this issue years ago, THANK YOU!!! I was extremely helpful in getting my case resolved!
Sponsored