Update Bricked Nav

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
About 3 weeks ago, I'm driving to work, I get a nav update over the air, and as I parked it asked me to restart. I hit "no" and went into work. Next morning I got in the car, and the Nav was stuck on the loading screen. No GPS data was coming to the car whatsoever.
Searched the webz for clues, all I could find was hard reboots by taking the battery terminal off for 30 min, hold power button for 70 sec, etc. Nothing worked. Off to the dealer we went. Tech tried to update with his tools, nothing. They kept the car for 24 hours, nothing. Said they were going to order a new Nav head unit. Toyota and BMW had to communicate back and forth, along with a bunch of calls from me and the service tech at the dealer, it has been replaced and working.

Don't know if it's the cause, but if you get an update, hit "yes" when asked to restart.

Toyota in Brunswick Ohio have been great through this whole process, and in the middle of all this my GR Corolla Circuit Edition arrived, so I was practically living there for 3 weeks šŸ¤£
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I thought our cars didnā€™t get any updates over the airā€¦.. Damn
I've gotten a few over the last 3 years. Warranty took care of it, so no worries lol.
Sponsored