Noise on Idle

sunnypates23

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Been trying to figure out this noise.. Happens when i’ve been driving for awhile and then when i’m idling the car. I’ve tested it out and figured out that I hear a thud/knock/tick sound only on sport mode, when i turn off sport mode and switch to normal that noise goes away. Not sure what’s the deal there. seems to be coming from the engine bay but not too sure. hope someone can help! def not injector noise since i know what that sounds like. more of a chatter only on sports mode.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Been trying to figure out this noise.. Happens when i’ve been driving for awhile and then when i’m idling the car. I’ve tested it out and figured out that I hear a thud/knock/tick sound only on sport mode, when i turn off sport mode and switch to normal that noise goes away. Not sure what’s the deal there. seems to be coming from the engine bay but not too sure. hope someone can help! def not injector noise since i know what that sounds like. more of a chatter only on sports mode.
Sound clip or video clip would help.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Sounds deep, do donuts until it blows then get a new engine under warranty

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
Yeah that sounds different. Can you upload sound in normal mode so we can hear the difference?

OP
OP

sunnypates23

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah that sounds different. Can you upload sound in normal mode so we can hear the difference?
Looks like i figured it out. took the cover off to see if it was there on sport mode and it went away. Tested it out after taking the cover off by putting it back on and the noise came on. Apparently i’m missing that rubber piece on the passenger side for the cover which is probably causing it to vibrate on sport mode. also took off that fuse for the valves.
Sponsored