ODBLINK MX+ - Initial Setup - No GR Supra

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Nice! My brother has a GT350 and I'm going to try and talk him into doing a track day.. I've never done it but I think I'd like to try for sure!
They are the most fun to have in a car. I had a 350R for a few months. It was a GREAT track car, but didn't feel right for me. Really fast, though. In fact, after only eight laps, I was only 2 seconds off my personal best in the Evo.
FB_IMG_1644297572175.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
They are the most fun to have in a car. I had a 350R for a few months. It was a GREAT track car, but didn't feel right for me. Really fast, though. In fact, after only eight laps, I was only 2 seconds off my personal best in the Evo.
FB_IMG_1644297572175.jpg
An "R" - nice! - I had a std 2016 350 that I sold in 2019 -Never got to track it - work scehdule - sigh. As a matter of fact - I was in the market to buy another 350 (had found one already actually) and someone I know at work bought a supra. Got me to thinking about them and doing a lot of research. And well, that's what I ended up getting last Saturday....

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
An "R" - nice! - I had a std 2016 350 that I sold in 2019 -Never got to track it - work scehdule - sigh. As a matter of fact - I was in the market to buy another 350 (had found one already actually) and someone I know at work bought a supra. Got me to thinking about them and doing a lot of research. And well, that's what I ended up getting last Saturday....
Nice! It's a much more "athletic" car, IMO. I tell everyone that the Mustang was a great tool for going faster. Like a hammer. It gets the job done, though maybe not the most fun. The Supra is so much more enjoyable to drive. It's smaller, lighter, and feels much more alive. Again, IMO, of course. The Mustang guys crucify me any time I hint it's not the best car in the world LOL

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice! It's a much more "athletic" car, IMO. I tell everyone that the Mustang was a great tool for going faster. Like a hammer. It gets the job done, though maybe not the most fun. The Supra is so much more enjoyable to drive. It's smaller, lighter, and feels much more alive. Again, IMO, of course. The Mustang guys crucify me any time I hint it's not the best car in the world LOL

LOL - I do understand - my first car in 79 was a 66 Mustang. Had a 68 Fastback and then a 69 Mach 1 - then another 66 coupe. Then two different GT500 (a 2007 and then a 2010) and then the GT350! My brother currently has his first car - an 88 GT, then a 2002 Cobra, a 2014 GT, a 2007 GT500 and a 2017 GT350.... So we are Ford guys... I thought he would disown me when I told him I was trying to decide between the GT350 and the Supra. I didn't tell him which one I got until I drove it to his house. But he likes it! I let him drive it and he was impressed!......

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
LOL - I do understand - my first car in 79 was a 66 Mustang. Had a 68 Fastback and then a 69 Mach 1 - then another 66 coupe. Then two different GT500 (a 2007 and then a 2010) and then the GT350! My brother currently has his first car - an 88 GT, then a 2002 Cobra, a 2014 GT, a 2007 GT500 and a 2017 GT350.... So we are Ford guys... I thought he would disown me when I told him I was trying to decide between the GT350 and the Supra. I didn't tell him which one I got until I drove it to his house. But he likes it! I let him drive it and he was impressed!......
hahaha. Awesome story. Yep, I have a Mustang history, too. I really liked the R. Had I not driven certain other cars, I wouldn't have had a preference to a certain type. Once I started with imports, I never went back to domestic. The R was me trying one last time. I learned my lesson. Again LOL

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I downloaded and used Bimmerlink for the first time today. Pretty nice app!
This is exactly what I was wanting/needing to know!!!!! I've got a brand new OBDLink sitting in the box and this sound perfect. Thank you @badwolfe :thumbsup:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche3.jpg

So far only one track day and an autox. It did great considering it's 100% stock.
CEL comes back every other week or so. I'm trying to figure out what triggers it.
Would love to drive Laguna Seca someday! That downhill turn looks like it's seen many tank slappers 😂

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is exactly what I was wanting/needing to know!!!!! I've got a brand new OBDLink sitting in the box and this sound perfect. Thank you @badwolfe :thumbsup:
You're welcome! - glad I could finally give a little back! I've only had my car for a week and been on the forum for about the same - Loads of info here and some killer cars for sure!!!!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You're welcome! - glad I could finally give a little back! I've only had my car for a week and been on the forum for about the same - Loads of info here and some killer cars for sure!!!!
Love this forum but it’s really hard to find basic info without starting a new thread. There’s a search bar but a zillion pages come up when looking up stuff like this. Welcome and glad to have a fellow Supra lover who doesn’t know (assuming) how to reprogram your entire car. I need the basics man when it comes to this shit 😂

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Love this forum but it’s really hard to find basic info without starting a new thread. There’s a search bar but a zillion pages come up when looking up stuff like this. Welcome and glad to have a fellow Supra lover who doesn’t know (assuming) how to reprogram your entire car. I need the basics man when it comes to this shit 😂
LOL - I'm with you - I've spent hours scouring the threads and book marking things that look like I may need them :) And yeah - I'm a total newbie at this so cheers! and on to the next thing!
Sponsored