ODBLink M+ / BimmerCode & Lock/Unlock Chirp --> Disable

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
I received my car about 2 weeks ago (used 2021 A91) - Using ODBLink M+ and BimmerCode I made a couple of code changes including disabling the chirp on lock/unlock. Worked awesome! - This past Tuesday I took it to dealer and asked them to update the ECU's to make sure they were at the correct rev level, etc. Some of the changes had to be redone - others did not. After the flash the chirp disable was gone. I plugged in ODBC device, put car back into diag mode and fired up Bimmercode. It showed that the "Checkbox acoustical lock confirmation" was still not active. I set it back to active, coded and then started vehicle. Shut car down, locked/unlocked car and verified chirp. Went back into diag mode and with Bimmecode set the "Checkbox acoustical lock confirmation" to not active and repeated process. Car still chirps. What am I missing????? I don't remember doing anything different last week...... sigh....
Sponsored

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I received my car about 2 weeks ago (used 2021 A91) - Using ODBLink M+ and BimmerCode I made a couple of code changes including disabling the chirp on lock/unlock. Worked awesome! - This past Tuesday I took it to dealer and asked them to update the ECU's to make sure they were at the correct rev level, etc. Some of the changes had to be redone - others did not. After the flash the chirp disable was gone. I plugged in ODBC device, put car back into diag mode and fired up Bimmercode. It showed that the "Checkbox acoustical lock confirmation" was still not active. I set it back to active, coded and then started vehicle. Shut car down, locked/unlocked car and verified chirp. Went back into diag mode and with Bimmecode set the "Checkbox acoustical lock confirmation" to not active and repeated process. Car still chirps. What am I missing????? I don't remember doing anything different last week...... sigh....
You’re only coding the ability to check/uncheck the box. You have to set that to active and then go into the iDrive and actually uncheck the box. And for some reason the engine has to be running for you to check/uncheck that particular box in the iDrive.

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm. Now that you mention I do seem to remember having to uncheck idrive but I thought I was mistaken as I could not find it but I may not have had car running. I'll check it tomorrow. Thx!

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm. Now that you mention I do seem to remember having to uncheck idrive but I thought I was mistaken as I could not find it but I may not have had car running. I'll check it tomorrow. Thx!
Also, as an alternative, you can change the length, volume, and frequency of the chirp within the Roof Function module. Putting both volume and frequency at the lowest setting is really nice.

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I didn't know that was available - I've downloaded the bimmer code guide from this forum and am planning on reading it this weekend! I'll have to take a look at these settings - very cool - thx!

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Also, as an alternative, you can change the length, volume, and frequency of the chirp within the Roof Function module. Putting both volume and frequency at the lowest setting is really nice.
Are. You. Shitting me. How long can you make it?

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are. You. Shitting me. How long can you make it?
It’s not listed as seconds. I think the choices are short, medium, long, and very long. I’ve never changed it from short so no experience as to the difference.

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So had a chance to get back into my car and look at this chirp enable/disable setting. I guess reading the bimmercode manual posted here - I misunderstood what it said. In order to make this work - I had to go into the Head Unit - and under the checkbox acoustical lock confirmation and set that to "Active" (the manual I downloaded showed this as being set to "Not Active"). Then - in order to get it to show up on the vehicle settings to be able to disable/enable - I also had to go into the Roof Function Center and there - under Acoustical lock/unlock confirmation - set that to "Active" as well. Just FYI.....
Sponsored