Officially ordered my A91 edition

HelloPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX, Supra
Ayeeee I like how most of us went thru the petty Subarus lmfao. Good looking cars but man... I had ets fmic, ID injectors, fuel pump, flex kit all ready to be installed but I backed out when I found out all this money just to add 40hp wasn't worth it... I sold the car with all the parts laying around. I don't miss the suby at all LOL. Was pretty tho...
Hence why you buy a WRX LOL with flex youā€™ll hit like 390 whp without blowing up haha
9BE0B185-40F4-41C6-B700-859E32C2724C.jpeg

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Hence why you buy a WRX LOL with flex youā€™ll hit like 390 whp without blowing up haha
9BE0B185-40F4-41C6-B700-859E32C2724C.jpeg
Yeah, but here's the thing. Open diffs, slow steering, sloppy cable manual instead of the amazing rod driven STI manual, no Brembos (unless optioned in later years), no wing, and no rumble. And the FA blows up just as much. And the fastest FA still can't touch the fastest EJ as far as I'm aware.

HelloPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX, Supra
Yeah, but here's the thing. Open diffs, slow steering, sloppy cable manual instead of the amazing rod driven STI manual, no Brembos (unless optioned in later years), no wing, and no rumble. And the FA blows up just as much. And the fastest FA still can't touch the fastest EJ as far as I'm aware.
Yah of course the sti is better but wasnā€™t the purpose of what I wanted in the car haha. Got 30 mpg on the highway, puts down good power for the street, and comfortable daily. Hence why I bought the Supra now right cause not STI touching our new cars LOL

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yah of course the sti is better but wasnā€™t the purpose of what I wanted in the car haha. Got 30 mpg on the highway, puts down good power for the street, and comfortable daily. Hence why I bought the Supra now right cause not STI touching our new cars LOL
Same lol.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
@rev000 jfc! glad to hear youre okay! Really hoping you get enough value to get another one!

@Dooo is paint correction necessary on a new car?

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
@rev000 jfc! glad to hear youre okay! Really hoping you get enough value to get another one!

As someone that has done many many paint corrections, yes. On a new car the best thing you can do is tell the dealership to not wash it. Usually their wash crew is made up of 17 year olds that have no clue how to properly wash a car. I looked at a new a91 over the weekend and instantly could see it was in need of a paint correction.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Yes, paint correction is definitely necessary on a brand new car. Like @Mountain_Bound said, I tell the dealer to not touch my car when it arrives and want it the way it comes off the transport truck. When dealer preps it, they are doing more harm than good for me. I would recommend inspecting the paint at the dealership prior to taking delivery of the car though.

You donā€™t want to apply a coating on top of a swirled up paint

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
guess it was a good thing i asked them not to wash it then haha. Im getting a ppf next monday so I guess ill ask the shop about that too

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Thatā€™s a good call! And ask the ppf shop if they do any paint correction prior to putting the film on. A good reputable shop will do a correction prior to the film install.

They may say that the film should hide everything. Thatā€™s like saying let me just put a bandaid on it. Iā€™d recommend putting a coating on top of the ppf after you get it done to protect it
guess it was a good thing i asked them not to wash it then haha. Im getting a ppf next monday so I guess ill ask the shop about that too

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Since

Word on the street is mid to late November before the spoiler will be available but there are some part numbers available for a couple other A91 specific items that I was able to get. Actually surprised they didn't have these on MAC (Manual Allocation Control) needing a qualifying VIN to get so looks like anyone that wants them can order them from a dealer. People were already doing their own decals but I didn't really want everyone to get our special edition key gloves. :doh:

Once I can confirm that spoiler orders are being taken (and my order is locked in), I will let everyone know the part number and process. ;)

Only 7 more days (current eta) till I take delivery of mine in AZ. I can't wait!!! :headbang:
Any updates on the spoiler?

A91Refraction

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Any updates on the spoiler?
The part number is still on Stop Sale - Cancel meaning all orders are automatically rejected. I place a new order every day so once it is accepted, I will find out if a VIN is required to get one released OR if it will be just a backorder waiting list.
2-3 weeks still before their (Toyota's) best guess timeline even gets here. And I think we all know that an ETA is exactly that, "estimated".
Stay tuned..........

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The part number is still on Stop Sale - Cancel meaning all orders are automatically rejected. I place a new order every day so once it is accepted, I will find out if a VIN is required to get one released OR if it will be just a backorder waiting list.
2-3 weeks still before their (Toyota's) best guess timeline even gets here. And I think we all know that an ETA is exactly that, "estimated".
Stay tuned..........
Thank you