KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
hey guys need some help here. I received my carbon fiber OLM duck bill spoiler and after preparing it and applying the 3m tape i noticed while readjusting some area the paint on the under side came off (see picture). I ended up putting the 3m tape along the whole edges and pealed off as much of the loose paint and it was coming off very easily. Then i just reapplied new 3m tape and it seems to be holding. Im worried the 3m wont stay on the spoiler. What do you guys think?

20200912_120415.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to remedy the pic above but i need help on finding a syringe small enough to inject some silicone to fill the gap of the spoiler and the trunk openings. Dont want any water or dirt getting trapped in there. Any suggestions on small plastic syringes?

20200916_100929.jpg

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I found this. Wonder if it would be small enough to fit. It's called a dental syringe.

Screenshot_20200916-170505_Samsung Internet.jpg

jgmods

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JGMODS.com
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra
Long as you used new tape, shouldn't be an issue. Suggestion for future would be to get some 3M Adhesive promoter to apply to the underside of the spoiler before applying the double sided tape then again on the car itself in the "high tension" areas where it may want to lift to create better adhesion.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
The dental syringe worked well and filled the spots. The problem wasnt the 3m tape it was the spoiler itself. Even with the test fit it wasnt the best fit. Again this is a cheap aftermarket product so what do i expect lol. I was able to make it work though. I applied wider and better 3m tape and still there was gaps on the test fit. So i filled in the spaces with rtv silicone automotive adhesive.

jgmods

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JGMODS.com
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra
The dental syringe worked well and filled the spots. The problem wasnt the 3m tape it was the spoiler itself. Even with the test fit it wasnt the best fit. Again this is a cheap aftermarket product so what do i expect lol. I was able to make it work though. I applied wider and better 3m tape and still there was gaps on the test fit. So i filled in the spaces with rtv silicone automotive adhesive.
Just installed ours today. Will post some picks tomorrow once the tape/weights is taken off of it. Not OLM.
Sponsored