Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium - 2018 Lexus LC500 Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
It looks as though the side garnish are simply pulled off correct? They are connected by tabs? Can you post the installation manual? Thanks!
Sponsored

EndlessProjectsSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2013 WideBody Accord, 2011 Silverado PreRunner, 1985 Mercedes Benz
Vehicle Showcase
It looks as though the side garnish are simply pulled off correct? They are connected by tabs? Can you post the installation manual? Thanks!
My local dealership held onto the instructions after install. Being an OEM part, although not available in the US, they were able to take care of the install for me. Under warranty too :) I do have this photo showing what came with it.

70A8C409-4A4D-4CFE-9ABE-A530E90F543E.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was referring to the step-by-step illustrations in the manual.

EndlessProjectsSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I know lol that’s just all I’ve got right now. I’ll see if they’ve still got them at the dealership or if they’re wrapped up with the OEM garnishes they have back to me in bubble wrap

EndlessProjectsSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I found them! Everything was with my OEM painted garnishes. Here’s everything was came with the TRD Carbon Fiber Door Garnishes

*sorry if they’re upside down or sideways. They’re upright on my phone when I upload*

886E68C6-089C-4316-B972-71A0D5592E67.jpeg

2C06741B-FF34-4CAE-A2AA-5F3CC1CFBDC2.jpeg

32193946-F86D-468E-B962-6FDD20767230.jpeg

5421766C-C252-46D1-A333-BB81C96DC835.jpeg

3E20AD01-5BAD-4A0A-904B-5812B2617114.jpeg

EB18B291-BECB-44A2-A6FA-42D855819B0A.jpeg

5373ECCD-72BA-4B38-BBB6-F0A36DE4B254.jpeg

C1F3DBA1-FFDD-418C-ABB1-9F263463BC9D.jpeg

6140B7AB-B829-435C-865F-E2851255967E.jpeg

B2754370-3E95-4613-804E-7D1CDFEC3233.jpeg

9E300774-BC85-4B3A-9DCD-A55FFAC3A825.jpeg

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
You guys are going to end up spending as much on carbon accessories as you did for the car! I think these parts are really nice, but the slight difference between TRD and Rexspeed just doesn’t justify the large price difference.

OP
OP

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are going to end up spending as much on carbon accessories as you did for the car! I think these parts are really nice, but the slight difference between TRD and Rexspeed just doesn’t justify the large price difference.
The quality, material and fitment of TRD parts are superior. More so will be the longevity of the epoxy on the TRD carbon fiber too. I have a feeling the Rexpeed will yellow within a year of UV exposure as the TRD will hold its resilient gloss finish much better and longer. Also it's worth noting that the TRD parts have better reinforced mounting capabilities and are actually tested for functionality rather than made as just an aesthetic piece.

Guys will go out of their way and buy a $20K Rolex watch when they could easily buy a knock-off for $1,000 that looks identical and works yet they don't. Why? Only difference between the two watches is the movement. Is that worth $19,000 difference when most are buying the watch for the brand name and the aesthetics? Spend over $19,000 for a name brand watch but won't spend over $1,700 for genuine car part on a $60K car? Am I missing something here? LOL

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Just posting here for anyone interested - I had the TRD parts installed several months ago and translated the Japanese manuals (for the spoiler and side panels) into English so that anyone who doesn’t speak Japanese can use them for future reference (looks like OP never saw that thread). Here’s the link where the English translations are also included:

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/fi...ilable-for-2020-supra.1801/page-10#post-58035

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
The quality, material and fitment of TRD parts are superior. More so will be the longevity of the epoxy on the TRD carbon fiber too. I have a feeling the Rexpeed will yellow within a year of UV exposure as the TRD will hold its resilient gloss finish much better and longer. Also it's worth noting that the TRD parts have better reinforced mounting capabilities and are actually tested for functionality rather than made as just an aesthetic piece.

Guys will go out of their way and buy a $20K Rolex watch when they could easily buy a knock-off for $1,000 that looks identical and works yet they don't. Why? Only difference between the two watches is the movement. Is that worth $19,000 difference when most are buying the watch for the brand name and the aesthetics? Spend over $19,000 for a name brand watch but won't spend over $1,700 for genuine car part on a $60K car? Am I missing something here? LOL

lol, it’s funny you mention Rolex, as I’ve owned a few. The difference here is that you will never ever sell that duckbill used for any more than half of what you paid for. Rolexes on the other hand..... gain value with time. I paid $8,500 for a Rolex submariner and traded it for a running and driving 1993 RX7. I can sell the same Rx7 for 18k+ now. Not a good comparison by any means, but I do understand where you’re coming from when it comes to quality.

To give you some background, I run a shop that installs overfenders, aftermarket parts, etc. I ALWAYS push customers toward the better products, I know first hand how bad fit can ruin a nice car and I’m well aware of quality differences between parts. With that said, I’m well aware of what quality parts cost. TRD is overcharging by a significant margin. The parts are high quality, sure, but they aren’t worth THAT much more over the rexspeed variants.

As far as Rexspeed yellowing, I haven’t personally had that issue with any of their products. I’ve had them on my evos and a few other cars. But I also put a few fresh layers of clear on everything I buy before installing it on the car.

The price isn’t awful if you just want one piece, but if you want to buy a collection of TRD parts it’s ridiculous.

All of this aside, I’m not knocking your purchase at all. I think the TRD parts are super baller, I just personally can’t justify the price.

OP
OP

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just posting here for anyone interested - I had the TRD parts installed several months ago and translated the Japanese manuals (for the spoiler and side panels) into English so that anyone who doesn’t speak Japanese can use them for future reference (looks like OP never saw that thread). Here’s the link where the English translations are also included:

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/fi...ilable-for-2020-supra.1801/page-10#post-58035
I see we purchased TRD parts around the same time. I got my first parts in mid September 2019. Guess I didn't see the post in link provided because it's listed as TRD parts and pricing not installation. I think your first post even discussing the TRD parts on that thread were on page 9 or 10 so yeah lost in the mix LOL.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also, for everyone’s reference, if you just go on TRD Japan’s website you can download high-quality PDF versions of the Japanese installation manuals for all of the TRD parts (these Japanese manuals also posted in that TRD parts thread linked above along with a link to the TRD website where they’re from). I only translated the manuals for the side door garnishes and rear trunk spoiler as the other ones were more straightforward.

The official CF mirror caps are actually by Toyota and not TRD. This is why they’re not listed in the parts table on TRD’s website and also why they’ve been available through Toyota dealerships since the launch of the vehicle. In any event, they just snap off/on so there isn’t a similar manual for them.

OP
OP

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In any event, they just snap off/on so there isn’t a similar manual for them.
What's your idea of snapping off and snapping back on? I think it requires a little more than that but if you can pry them off without snapping the tabs or breaking your glass please post a video would love to see it. Thanks! The mirror caps are TRD as well FYI. Through the dealer it's even listed under TRD parts.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The US dealers' info is actually incorrect - the carbon fiber mirror caps are Toyota parts and not TRD parts. Even Toyota Japan's website states this about the CF mirror caps - in Japanese, it says that the weave of their CF mirror caps differs from the CF of the TRD parts. (Here is the link and I'm pasting a photo of the specific item for reference.) Notice how it says "Toyota Original" above the CF mirror caps, whereas all of the other CF parts have the "TRD" logo.

Here is a link to the TRD website with the TRD parts, also for reference; the PDF manuals can be accessed from the links on the right. This shows which parts TRD makes.

Lastly, with respect to removing/installing the mirror caps, here is a previous thread about that.

;-)

Untitled.png

Last edited:
OP
OP

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lastly, with respect to removing/installing the mirror caps, here is a previous thread about that.;-)
That installation process on the M235i might have worked with just the pry method however, you do that on the A90 Supra I'm almost certain you will break the T tabs and break the mirror as well. The clip points are different between the two models. Look closely at the photos provided from your video link and the one I shared.

Here's the M235i mirror without cap
Screen-Shot-2019-12-30-at-10-20-54-AM.png

Here is the A90 Supra mirror without cap
A90-mirror.png

T clips on the A90 mirror caps. Prying on these from the front without pinching the tabs into the mounting points first will break these tabs guaranteed. The pressure from prying with these tabs locked in place will cause the mirror to crack as well on the A90 Supra.
A90-T-clip.png

Famo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra
That installation process on the M235i might have worked with just the pry method however, you do that on the A90 Supra I'm almost certain you will break the T tabs and break the mirror as well. The clip points are different between the two models. Look closely at the photos provided from your video link and the one I shared.

Here's the M235i mirror without cap
Screen-Shot-2019-12-30-at-10-20-54-AM.png

Here is the A90 Supra mirror without cap
A90-mirror.png

T clips on the A90 mirror caps. Prying on these from the front without pinching the tabs into the mounting points first will break these tabs guaranteed. The pressure from prying with these tabs locked in place will cause the mirror to crack as well on the A90 Supra.
A90-T-clip.png
Just follow this and you will be fine.
Sponsored