OLM Carbon Fiber switch panel fitment issues

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Hey guys,
I want to give Supra owners a heads up on the fitment quality of this piece. The right switch panel for drivers side does not match. This is a shame because otherwise the weave is spot on compared to stock Supra weave pattern.

I am currently trying to initiate a return via FTSpeed, and am awaiting a response. I originally didn't want to return, but I can't live with the fitment issues. Below is a picture and description of issue sent to Brian at FTSpeed. I sent a follow-up after this email requested a refund, will update here when I hear word back.

"I recently ordered the OLM CF switch panels for the 2020 Supra. The driver side door panel has slight fitment issues. I know CF items never fit perfectly, but just wanted to give you guys a heads up. The right mirror adjustment slot hole is the same size as the button next to it. This is the issue, the right button is a slide button that is a tad larger than the left, to accommodate this. The CF piece is the same size opening for both button holes. I have to slightly have the bevel raised and slide the button under to make it fit and still usable. IF I slide the button to the left it fits, however that makes the mirrors tilt down when in reverse, which I do not like. I'm not looking for a return, I don't want to be a hassle about it, but want to let you guys know. I know it isn't your fault, but this being a pricier piece, it's a bit annoying. Also, the double sided tape that comes with it is a bit thick and I had to remove and use thinner double sided squares as it will float above the panel too much."

20201230_162326.jpg
Sponsored

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Yikes! Thanks for letting us know, i had a similar experience recently with autotecknic carbon paddles. For me, the “float” that you mentioned is somewhat of a turnoff, hopefully a full replacement will be in the works :)

OP
OP
SuupYota

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No problem, just wanting to help others here thinking of getting these. :) Will update when I hear word back.

OP
OP
SuupYota

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Exactly. I thought about that, but it will never look proper and such. And for a $200 plus overlay piece I don't want to have to do that. Would also need a re clear and eh, nah I'm good haha. As of right now just waiting for them to respond with a return initiation process.

Ale81

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350
I left a negative review on FTSpeed website regarding the fitment of the exact same parts. They never did publish the negative review.
Should have returned them but thought I could lightly sand down the switch opening to create clearance. I overestimated by carbon fiber finishing skills and screwed it up. Oh well.
Buyer beware on the OLM door garnish parts. The window switch openings are not wide enough and the switch binds on the opening. Also, the left/right mirror opening isn't wide enough either. It won't allow the switch to fully move to the right so the passenger mirror won't operate.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
OLM and Subispeed have had some awful reviews and reputation from Subaru owners for a long time.

OP
OP
SuupYota

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I left a negative review on FTSpeed website regarding the fitment of the exact same parts. They never did publish the negative review.
Should have returned them but thought I could lightly sand down the switch opening to create clearance. I overestimated by carbon fiber finishing skills and screwed it up. Oh well.
Buyer beware on the OLM door garnish parts. The window switch openings are not wide enough and the switch binds on the opening. Also, the left/right mirror opening isn't wide enough either. It won't allow the switch to fully move to the right so the passenger mirror won't operate.

Thanks for this, and confirming I wasn't the only one with fitment issues. Yea I almost started trying to fix the issue, but knew I would make it worse.

OP
OP
SuupYota

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Same as I expect from any seller. That the part matches the description. Chinese, American, German-makes no difference to me.
Exactly.

SupraMK86

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 3.0 Premium
This is a pretty poorly designed part when you consider that you can't remove the door panel with it stuck in place.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
This is a pretty poorly designed part when you consider that you can't remove the door panel with it stuck in place.
Yep I agree. I really wanted these pieces but when I saw that you wouldn’t be able to remove the door because it covers that access panel I passed on it. Hopefully someone like NVSpecialties can step up and make a better designed piece.

OP
OP
SuupYota

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
*UPDATE*

Sent these back on the 4th. USPS says these were received on the 6th by an individual at FT Speed, still have not received any word on the status of my refund. Followed up, will update when I get a response. So far, will not be doing further business with FT Speed...
Sponsored