gr_supra_lt

First Name
Martynas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Hello!

Few days ago I observed that my both mirrors are not folding out when I unlock car. But now only passenger side mirror does that. It has its own mind. I was in hurry sooo I lightly pushed it and it came back. Next day when I unlocked car it folded out like 80% and its is not fixed in position, also mirror controls for passenger side doesn’t work anymore. I saw on bimmer forums that its common failure for G series mirrors. Anyone had same problem? Thanks!

Sponsored

syyc

First Name
21 years old
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Pure800
One of my mirrors had a similar issue after it froze and stopped moving when parked in -40 degree weather.
After parking in my garage, it did the same thing you are describing where it did not lock into the fixed position and only went about 80%.
All I did at the time to fix it was manually move it to the fixed position until it clicked into place, then close the mirrors and it started moving with the other side.
It's been around 9 months now and I haven't had any issues.

Not sure if my personal experience is very useful but hope you find a fix 👍

OP
OP
gr_supra_lt

gr_supra_lt

First Name
Martynas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
One of my mirrors had a similar issue after it froze and stopped moving when parked in -40 degree weather.
After parking in my garage, it did the same thing you are describing where it did not lock into the fixed position and only went about 80%.
All I did at the time to fix it was manually move it to the fixed position until it clicked into place, then close the mirrors and it started moving with the other side.
It's been around 9 months now and I haven't had any issues.

Not sure if my personal experience is very useful but hope you find a fix 👍
I tried to move it to original position, doesn’t fix in place. I don’t want to push more. I will let dealer look into it. But did your mirror adjustment (left right up down) work for affected mirror?
Sponsored