Passenger mirror issue

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
2023 At 3.0 premium
Just noticed while backing in the garage that the passenger mirror doesn't tilt all the way like it used to. It acts like it wants to tilt but just kinda moves a little.

For the most part the car is stock.
Jb4,intake,dp & steering wheel. That's about it right now.

So no reason I can think of to cause it to not tilt all the way.
Sponsored

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Ah interesting, I was going to mention that it could be a bimmercode related issue, but it doesn't seem like that case.

Does it barely move, or does it not move a single bit? If it doesn't move, you can check if the mirror switch is toggled the incorrect way. I don't remember what side it has to be toggled in order for the mirror to tilt when reversing

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Yep, likely the switch. Make sure it’s in the driver’s side position.

OP
OP

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
Switch is in the correct position. I ended up moving the mirror in all directions and it started tilting more. But it's still only half of what it used to be.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I will say, one time I had an issue like that. It would barely move, it was like a very slight micro-movement. My fix was resetting my bimmercode tilt %. In your case you don't have that. If you don't have access to bimmercode somehow (maybe a friend or something), best I can think is maybe taking it to the dealer for warranty in case it's a faulty actuator/motor/whatever moves it

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Dealer

OP
OP

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
Looks like that's the best plan of action right now, taking it to the dealer it is. Thoughts on popping the mirror out and checking everything inside?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Looks like that's the best plan of action right now, taking it to the dealer it is. Thoughts on popping the mirror out and checking everything inside?
If you're set on taking it to dealer, don't risk breaking mirror, tabs, etc unless you don't care for paying for replacement. Have them diagnose it...

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Wouldn't risk it.

V8KillaMKV

First Name
Jas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0 2023
Hello, did you get this issue fixed? And what did you do to fix it. I just started having this problem yesterday, but mine doesn't tilt at all while in reverse like it was a few days ago. my car is all stock, no bimmercoding at all. I couldn't find any setting in the settings anywhere in the car.

OP
OP

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
Hello, did you get this issue fixed? And what did you do to fix it. I just started having this problem yesterday, but mine doesn't tilt at all while in reverse like it was a few days ago. my car is all stock, no bimmercoding at all. I couldn't find any setting in the settings anywhere in the car.
After I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in it started working fine. I know I had just washed the car when I started having the issue.

V8KillaMKV

First Name
Jas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0 2023
After I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in it started working fine. I know I had just washed the car when I started having the issue.
Thank you for the update, mine was just an issue with the (adjustable switch) got moved to the right side, which I guess is a off and on button as well for the back up mirror tilt. Switched it back to left and it started working.
Sponsored