Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
there was no case number that im aware of but i have the paperwork of what they did. When i get home ill look at it. All they said was they reset some computers because they were not talking to eachother correctly
Ok cool thanks. If you can maybe let us know the dealership name and the tech name on your work order that should be good enough. Appreciate it man!
Sponsored

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Had the car serviced at folsom lake toyota and bought the car from auburn toyota both from CA. Here is a pic of what they did.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Soooo cliff notes are that they updated w/e to 14.24? lol

Did that fix the mystery wiper "twitch"?

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
What they told me was that some computers werw not talking to eachother and they reset a bunch of the computers and of course the cliff notes. All i know os that its fixed atm. Who knows if this comes back. Probably will but at least they have a fix for now.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
What they told me was that some computers werw not talking to eachother and they reset a bunch of the computers and of course the cliff notes. All i know os that its fixed atm. Who knows if this comes back. Probably will but at least they have a fix for now.
Well Iā€™m glad itā€™s fixed. Iā€™m gonna have my service folks look into it and at least update my code. Iā€™ve already accepted the fact that Iā€™ll have to redo all my BimmerCode changes but oh well

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Just wanted to throw another data point in here. My car doesn't twitch and never has.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently some do and some dont. Thats why I pushed the issue to get it fixed.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Mine just did it this morning. I opened my door to get something, held the volume knob down to turn off the car, and while I was still sticking my head in the car before I even shut the door, I could hear the wiper twitching. Never started the car. I'm working up the energy to have my service folks tackle this.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I just hope this is permanent fix and hope everyone gets theres in service so they can log this with toyota. Love the car though. Never thought i would be able to own one!

Shiro-1

First Name
Mister M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Prem
gents,

Just wondering if anyone besides Chris (KillxPoint) went to the dealership for this issue and got this twitching fixed?

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well, I just got back from the dealership for my ToyotaCare free oil change (which miraculously, they got right). I wanted them to look at this, and I was able to demonstrate the issue to the service advisor when I dropped it off (not my regular person, though). When I went to pick up the car of course, the tech stated they could not reproduce the problem. I told my usual service advisor that it needed to be looked at and even explained the resolution was to flash to current version. I showed the problem to that service advisor (because it happens pretty much EVERY time you shut down the car now) and she agreed that it was an issue.

So, I have to bring it back in for some minor unrelated thing in a few days when a part comes in and the plan is to have me show the tech and the advisor in person. So we'll see.

I've also noticed my wipers do not "park" themselves nearly as low as they should. (yes, the wipers are "off" and not in "auto") The problem is definitely getting worse and more pronounced.
Sponsored