KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the car so i haven't gotten a chance to hear about any of those. Only other weird thing is the windshield wiper twitching even if the car is not locked and just parked.
Sponsored

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If you press lock twice its stops the twitching immediately or it still has to go through the cycle of 6 minutes until the ECU completely dies.

Are either of you experiencing anything else that seems off?

Ive noticed these other software issues that the dealer has no answer for:

1) Twitching / relay going off
2) Car starts and doesnt save the last climate control setting. Just always starts and is set to 60 driver 68 passenger at full blast AC.
3) Weird vibration (sounds like sub woofer bass) if im cruising in Comfort in 6th gear before auto gear change to 7th and then again in 7th around 33-35 mph if light accelerating. I can get this to do it every time.
I have not tried the pressing lock twice trick to see if it stops twitching immediately, but mine never goes beyond the 6 minute full shutdown. I do notice computer module "sounds" in conjunction with the twitch (I have a quiet garage). If you open the hood you can better hear some module working in a cycle with the twitch (quiet beeps and high pitch electrical).

1) Yes I have noticed this
2) Mine does the same thing. Eventually it remembers the last setting but if I make a change, it reverts back on next startup very consistently. I have also noticed that if I change the display on the dash from the default ODO to MPG, it does not always remember this and defaults back to ODO. I suspect this happens when the twitch occurs but have not tested.
3) Do you still have Active Sound Design enabled? That could be the culprit. People say it's only active in sport mode, but I think it runs in both.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
I have not tried the pressing lock twice trick to see if it stops twitching immediately, but mine never goes beyond the 6 minute full shutdown. I do notice computer module "sounds" in conjunction with the twitch (I have a quiet garage). If you open the hood you can better hear some module working in a cycle with the twitch (quiet beeps and high pitch electrical).

1) Yes I have noticed this
2) Mine does the same thing. Eventually it remembers the last setting but if I make a change, it reverts back on next startup very consistently. I have also noticed that if I change the display on the dash from the default ODO to MPG, it does not always remember this and defaults back to ODO. I suspect this happens when the twitch occurs but have not tested.
3) Do you still have Active Sound Design enabled? That could be the culprit. People say it's only active in sport mode, but I think it runs in both.
Same mine will always stop around the 6 min mark with the ECU goes to sleep.

1) i hope you report and follow up on it so we can push to get Toyota to release a TSB and dive deeper into this.
2) Ya this again leads me to think there is a software bug.
3) i do have active sound design i still need to code it out with bimmercode. Did you code yours out?

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Same mine will always stop around the 6 min mark with the ECU goes to sleep.

1) i hope you report and follow up on it so we can push to get Toyota to release a TSB and dive deeper into this.
2) Ya this again leads me to think there is a software bug.
3) i do have active sound design i still need to code it out with bimmercode. Did you code yours out?
I absolutely plan on getting it reported to my service folks. It's annoying and given that I think it plays into number 2, it's even more annoying. Definitely a software bug.

Yes, that was one of the first things I did was disable ASD. I literally just read a post on a FB group where someone was reporting that vibration in comfort mode in 6th-7th. There was a video and it sounds terrible. Not known if they have ASD disabled, but they are tuned. If it's coming from the subs, I would try getting rid of ASD and see if it fixes the problem. You can also just disconnect the wiring for the ASD module to disable it if you don't want to code. @tadda posted a very complete writeup on here about how to do it.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Update: i was able to reproduce the twitch to them while i dropped it off and there master technician was able to see it also. They are keeping the car till Monday because toyota corporate office who they put a case number for this issue is closed on the weekends. Ill get back to you then. I told them toyota probably wont do anything but i just want it case logged for the record so we as a supra community can get this resolved.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update: i was able to reproduce the twitch to them while i dropped it off and there master technician was able to see it also. They are keeping the car till Monday because toyota corporate office who they put a case number for this issue is closed on the weekends. Ill get back to you then. I told them toyota probably wont do anything but i just want it case logged for the record so we as a supra community can get this resolved.
Thanks! When you have a chance can you share the case number so I can show my dealer there is a new case with a Master tech.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Update:
So the technician is still talking with toyota engineers and the tech feels this is not normal and is still performing tests. They need the car for another day. Been in the shop since friday but technically they couldnt work on it sat sun.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Also curious why some supras are doing this and others are not?? If mine keeps doing this even after its checked out i might consider returning this car or ask for the extended warrenty for free for peace of mind.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Update:
Got a call from the dealer i bought the car from and they are working with the service department in my area trying to fix this problem. He seems to believe its a easy fix and said he believes they had one at there dealership in the past and they fixed it. I will keep you guys updated.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

They just sent a message saying they have a source of correction. Something about low battery voltage. Ill keep you guys updated.

Last edited:

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Update hopefully last one.

They said the car is rdy and fixed. They said some computers were not communicating with eachother properly and they reset all those and now the windshield is not twitching anymore. Omw to pick it up.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

They said the car is rdy and fixed. They said some computers were not communicating with eachother properly and they reset all those and now the windshield is not twitching anymore. Omw to pick it up.
That's great. Any information you can get on what they did would be huge help for us folks who have been chasing this for a long time. I plan on giving this issue to my service guys and would love to have as much info as possible to help them out.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Can you share the case number please? Would be helpful so I can get my dealer to do the same fix.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
there was no case number that im aware of but i have the paperwork of what they did. When i get home ill look at it. All they said was they reset some computers because they were not talking to eachother correctly
Sponsored