Windshield wipers stopped working

stretch200

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red Supra 3.0 Premium
Well, it finally happened. My first problem with this car. Yesterday, while driving on the highway into the sun, I tried to clean my windshield. The car sprayed wiper fluid on the windshield and my wipers didn't come on. Scared the crap out of me! After safely pulling over, I tested what I could. Nothing worked. The wipers just weren't working. Then I got an error code stating they are malfunctioning. This morning I checked all the fuses and couldn't find anything that's blown.
So I scheduled service at my dealership that I've never used. I figured they should try to do the recalls as well, since I've been putting that off. The guy on the phone said they only have one guy there that works on Supra's and they haven't done many of them... :eek: Make me nervous why don't you!! So now my stomach is all in knots about how this will end up. Will they have my car for weeks, break it, brick my ECU? Or will everything be fine and they will be done the same day?
I kind of miss the days where I didn't freak out so much. I mean, it's just a car, right? RIGHT?!
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Well, it finally happened. My first problem with this car. Yesterday, while driving on the highway into the sun, I tried to clean my windshield. The car sprayed wiper fluid on the windshield and my wipers didn't come on. Scared the crap out of me! After safely pulling over, I tested what I could. Nothing worked. The wipers just weren't working. Then I got an error code stating they are malfunctioning. This morning I checked all the fuses and couldn't find anything that's blown.
So I scheduled service at my dealership that I've never used. I figured they should try to do the recalls as well, since I've been putting that off. The guy on the phone said they only have one guy there that works on Supra's and they haven't done many of them... :eek: Make me nervous why don't you!! So now my stomach is all in knots about how this will end up. Will they have my car for weeks, break it, brick my ECU? Or will everything be fine and they will be done the same day?
I kind of miss the days where I didn't freak out so much. I mean, it's just a car, right? RIGHT?!
It is just a car, and the wipers are a simple system.

UCLAKoolman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
If a wiper error code is the only problem I'll have with this car, I'll consider that a huge win.

I have a Toyota Tundra that is ~8 years old now and has also had a minor issue here and there (the infotainment would freeze randomly - this stopped when I unpaired my apple watch from my phone).

Almost 7k miles on my Supra and the only issue I've had so far was a struck trunk after I accidentally shut it on the emergency release handle - dealer was able to fix it shortly, although it did require some parts.

Last edited:

allendoc

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium Matte Metallic Night Blue Wrap
Do you recall what the problem was with your wipers, save things just happened to me

OP
OP
stretch200

stretch200

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red Supra 3.0 Premium
They just stopped working. The dealership replaced the wiper motors, if I am remembering correctly. And of course I can’t find my receipt for the work done. But it was done under warranty. I only had to leave the car with them overnight.

allendoc

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium Matte Metallic Night Blue Wrap
They just stopped working. The dealership replaced the wiper motors, if I am remembering correctly. And of course I can’t find my receipt for the work done. But it was done under warranty. I only had to leave the car with them overnight.
Appreciate the reply. I'm sadly not under warranty anymore.