Plasma Orange Edition Japan Only

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
If Toyota is choosing to make an Orange color optional on the 2024 Supra, why wouldn't they use the orange color they have for the Corolla Hatch called "inferno"? Seems like a great color.
Because none of the Supra colours are Toyota colours. They're all BMW colours rebranded and it would be highly unlikely Toyota stray from this arrangement with the 2024 or 2025 Supra model years.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
If Toyota is choosing to make an Orange color optional on the 2024 Supra, why wouldn't they use the orange color they have for the Corolla Hatch called "inferno"? Seems like a great color.
o_O

That would make it the first non-BMW color code, for a BMW manufactured at a BMW facility that happens to have a Toyota badge on it. Which would be insane.

spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981 Boxster GTS, LX570
So, seeing as how more info is filtering down Plasma Orange is indeed not a rare Japanese-only colour, and that Nitro Yellow really appears to be waving goodbye, I thought I'd take a closer look at what we know about this new colour.

Based on the photos elsewhere in this thread, and from https://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1498237.html (also taken from another thread here), does anyone else think this is BMW's non-metallic Fire Orange? As an example, look at this M3 here...

9E54F8B6-DDA8-4AA8-9FB6-3D3F12ACB098.jpeg

Looks red in some lights, just like Plasma, but when hit head on with a light source it's a searing orange bordering on yellow.... again, just like what we've seen so far from Plasma.

B556484C-7C68-4793-B3F7-F86BE68A94A6.jpeg

8883B7CA-6DE3-4046-B7D5-EB065D906C8F.jpeg

Since 2024 looks to be when I'll be finally getting on board this train, it's now a close call between CU Later Gray and this, with Mineral White rounding third...

spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981 Boxster GTS, LX570
These two photos make me think this paint is metallic.. which is incidentally what my dealer told me the new orange would be. 🤷‍♂️
Colour shifting != metallic, as I have just demonstrated with BMW's Fire Orange. Also, I looked up close at every shot available for Plasma Orange on the Supra.... absolutely zero metallic flake detected.

If It were metallic, that means it must be something other than Fire Orange from the BMW catalog, and I can't find another orange that fits these pictures. It certainly looks nothing like Valencia Orange or Sakhir Orange or Sunset Orange....

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Colour shifting != metallic, as I have just demonstrated with BMW's Fire Orange.
In fairness.. I have no idea. All I know is that a dealer told me the orange was likely to be metallic and the photos reminded me of other metallic ducos I've seen. Happy to be wrong lol.
Sponsored