Poor USB audio quality

Torquem

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I have the audio set up to where it sounds decent through Sirius xm. I loaded some music onto USB and it much lower quality. No bass. Takes twice the volume. They are high quality audio files as well. Anyone have any solutions?
Sponsored

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not experiencing any better sound quality with XM / Sirius then I do with USB sourced music...That said, the Satellite receiver source voltage level sent to the amplifier is noticeably higher than the USB resulting in higher volume levels at same volume setting...And while the satellite signal has a higher signal level than the USB source I find the satellite sound quality is far less as it transmits a fairly compressed audio signal...

The USB sourced music I'm experiencing has very good bass response and sound quality ...Curious as to what are your audio system settings set to?

Here are my current audio settings: (after making design modifications)
  • ASD / Active Sound Design (off - using Bimmercode)
  • Surround (off)
  • Speed Volume (+4)
  • Balance: (0)
  • Fade: (front +2)
  • Broad Bass (+2)
  • Broad Treble (-2)
  • Equalizer (shown below)
These are my new EQ settings (below) after improvements made to current OE Subwoofer system...I can also now raise the volume to 2/3 of max with no low bass distortions or vibrational noise...

Equalizer settings after sound test.jpg

If your looking to significantly improve bass quality I would take a look at this thread below....

How to Improve OE Sub Bass Quality and Eliminate Vibrations

Last edited:

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have my entire music library loaded onto a single micro SD Card. The album art is also loaded too. For reference these are my specs:

Cost: $20
Micro SD Card + Micro USB Adapter: Samsung 128GB EVO UHS-I microSDXC Memory Card
Card Format: exFAT
Audio Format: MP3 (various kbps)
Size On Card: 101Gb (109,287,481,621 bytes)
Songs: 27,122
Folders: 1,649

TIP: You can search your library via the Voice Command. All you have to do is say: PLAY "whatever you want". It can play a certain song, artist, or album. As long as your music is tagged, it will search for it on the card and play it. For Example, say: Play music by Jimmy Hendrix and it will pull all his songs that he's tagged on. It's a quick and easy way to find/play/filter your music.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Sound quality is good with either bluetooth, USB, or HDD. However, out of the three I would say the HDD sounds best. Have you tried ripping to the HDD?

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
I have my entire music library loaded onto a single micro SD Card. The album art is also loaded too. For reference these are my specs:

Cost: $20
Micro SD Card + Micro USB Adapter: Samsung 128GB EVO UHS-I microSDXC Memory Card
Card Format: exFAT
Audio Format: MP3 (various kbps)
Size On Card: 101Gb (109,287,481,621 bytes)
Songs: 27,122
Folders: 1,649

TIP: You can search your library via the Voice Command. All you have to do is say: PLAY "whatever you want". It can play a certain song, artist, or album. As long as your music is tagged, it will search for it on the card and play it. For Example, say: Play music by Jimmy Hendrix and it will pull all his songs that he's tagged on. It's a quick and easy way to find/play/filter your music.
Did you also transfer playlists to the card? If so how?
Thanks

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did you also transfer playlists to the card? If so how?
Thanks
I was never a fan of playlists and never had any created so I can't really answer that one from experience.

From my understanding the key is that you have to change the location settings on the playlist. For example, your playlist on your computer is linked to songs on your hard drive. So your playlist is going to point to specific location on your computer.

For example C:\\My Music\Artist X\Song X.mp3

You will need to change this directory to the USB Drive so it points to the mp3 that is loaded up on the USB and not to the mp3 loaded up on the computer.

For example USB might be drive F:\\My Music\Artist\Song X.mp3

It's just basically a tour guide and points the system to the next track to be played. In this case, the current playlist was on your computer and pointing to songs on your computer but it is now on the USB so the playlist has to point to the USB stick instead of your computer to play.

I will dig around because I'm sure there has to be an easy way to edit it. I will post up what I find.

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v