First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
It was a rock.
Mr. 50 years of experience was so sure it was LITERALLY ANYTHING BUT:

More likely to be a rear brake calliper dragging because of a faulty E brake motor/drive assembly not releasing the E brake fully. Take the car for a short drive like to the end of your street and back use the brakes as lightly as possible and see if a rear brake disk is hot.
The only place I've ever heard of it is on the internet. Not saying it's not true but you'd think with my years and background and friends I'd have experienced it. I can say one thing though, the brake rotor with a score mark in it is 99.9% of the time due to hard spots in the actual brake pads. Even the best pads can't be a 100% hardness consistency though the entire pad and they can have hard spots that cause disk scoring. People often blame it on rocks but it's not.
I was thinking it might be more the E brake actuator isn't fully releasing and causing the brake to drag a bit. It's anew car so a rogue component is not unheard of. As is an assembly issue from the factory.
Could the noise be spring transport wedges not removed? Maybe one dislodged a bit and rubbing? Less than 600klm old car, maybe. Just a thought that came to me.
Even though everyone else was: “It’s a rock”, and guess what, in the end:

It was a rock.
I'm celebrating my birthday this week and I am getting close to 50. One of my biggest fears in life is to start becoming hard headed and set in my ways. This was a great reminder for me to continue to work against that ever happening.
Sponsored

Jayson415PR

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 2003 Toyota Mr2
Arrived late to the discussion , but it has happened to me two times on mk5 Supras and on my 2023 type r once. The brake ducts are so low on the front bumper of both cars that rocks get directed to the disc easily.

OP
OP

kashuab

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra Renaissance Red 2.0
how much they charge you for that answer.
Actually, the guy I was talking with said he'd take care of me. Don't think they're going to charge.

Definitely bringing my car back there if/when it needs work.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Actually, the guy I was talking with said he'd take care of me. Don't think they're going to charge.

Definitely bringing my car back there if/when it needs work.
Glad she’s fixed! I didn’t look back but hope you’re using an independent mechanic. Mine has saved me tons of time = money. Now time to book your free track day 😃

OP
OP

kashuab

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Glad she’s fixed! I didn’t look back but hope you’re using an independent mechanic. Mine has saved me tons of time = money. Now time to book your free track day 😃

It's a local family-owned dealership. I was even recommended them by the other dealership I actually bought the car from.

I'll probably take it there for warranty-related things, otherwise I'll take it to my dad's shop. The BMW tech there's a good guy.

Still got 600 more miles to break-in the engine :) Then oil change and track time for sure!

OP
OP

kashuab

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The saga continues. What is this clip dangling here? Could someone post a picture so I can see where it should go?

IMG_1156.jpeg

IMG_1160.jpeg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
The saga continues. What is this clip dangling here? Could someone post a picture so I can see where it should go?

IMG_1156.jpeg

IMG_1160.jpeg
Believe it or not, my mechanic said the loose fitting ride height sensor is normal. If I didn’t know & trust him so well, I would have thought he was bullshitting me. Anyways, that never happened to me, but he did something to make it a bit more secure.

OP
OP

kashuab

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks guys lol. It's been a ride, what a journey. Case closed.