PPF and Paint correction recommendation?

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
Hey yall, so with the crazy rain here in California ive gotten so many rock chips it looks like my car has acne.

Anyone know of a place that does paint correction and PPF in the San Fernando Valley/Ventura County?

I only plan on just doing paint correction/ppf on the front bumper. If this has been mention I could you please link me?
Sponsored

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE
From experience, I'd definitely recommend front bumper, partial hood and front and rear flanks behind the wheels if you're ever going to run wider than stock or spacers.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Lower fender and rocker panel area. But if your car is already rock chipped, why not just cope with it until it gets worse then respray before filming.

OP
OP
SupraEffective

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
Lower fender and rocker panel area. But if your car is already rock chipped, why not just cope with it until it gets worse then respray before filming.
Because I cant stop looking at it lol

Plus I rather deal with it before it gets worse, its not so bad.

OP
OP
SupraEffective

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
A compromise could be getting a paint matched touch up kit + touch up lacquer, then PPF over it, will still be far improved especially from a distance šŸ‘€
Yeah Ive recently bought the Touch Up Paint from Speed industry.

I just wanted to see if i can find some who specialize in this stuff since I'm not so confident.

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
I highly recommend paint touch up kits from Dr colorchip and Scratches Happen. Iā€™ve used both and they are fantastic and easy to use despite their relatively cheap price. If I were you, Iā€™d try this route first and then ppf over it if you like it. If you donā€™t, itā€™s not a ton of money wasted and you could have it respirated. The only thing is, a lot of PPF will peel up paint on a respray when PPF is removed in the future. Itā€™s a pretty common thing. So just know that and be prepared if you decide to go that route if you plan on keeping the car long term.

OP
OP
SupraEffective

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
I highly recommend paint touch up kits from Dr colorchip and Scratches Happen. Iā€™ve used both and they are fantastic and easy to use despite their relatively cheap price. If I were you, Iā€™d try this route first and then ppf over it if you like it. If you donā€™t, itā€™s not a ton of money wasted and you could have it respirated. The only thing is, a lot of PPF will peel up paint on a respray when PPF is removed in the future. Itā€™s a pretty common thing. So just know that and be prepared if you decide to go that route if you plan on keeping the car long term.
Thanks I will give this a look as well.
Sponsored