Project Ruby (New Supra Owner)

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
Hello everyone, I finally achieved my goal I set for myself well over a year ago. I traded in my FRS and got a good deal on a 2020 Supra. I was hoping to get some input on what I should do to her. I don’t plan to do much honestly because I love the stock look but have a few things in mind.

CERAMIC COATING & TINT
Should I also darken the head & taillights? I also plan to be dark film on the side markers. And do you recommend tinting the windshield? I know some have it done and others just leave it alone.

POWER COAT the wheels
What color? Black seems the safest bet.

Rexspeed V2 Carbon Fiber Spoiler
I also love the Autotechnik Carnot Fiber Caps but I don’t want to lose my blind monitoring

Well that’s pretty much it. Lowering springs will happen at some point next year I believe so any input or ideas would be much appreciated.

4F256104-A4F5-47E9-A5AC-DF1F5B0E8756.jpeg
263D731D-A3C3-417D-861D-DB1492406B25.jpeg
8224F4B3-5D37-4F9B-90CE-91FD427601B4.jpeg
9C4BF901-3423-48B2-B4EB-E2E457040494.jpeg
Sponsored

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations on your new supra! Reds the best imo.
Here is mine

Powder coated wheels matte black.

Carbon OLM door garnish covers.

Carbon OLM duck bill spoiler (get rexspeed spoiler better quality imo).

20 percent tint all around except front windshield.

Added the 21 front strut tower braces and painted matte black.

Attachments

OP
OP

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congratulations on your new supra! Reds the best imo.
Here is mine

Powder coated wheels matte black.

Carbon OLM door garnish covers.

Carbon OLM duck bill spoiler (get rexspeed spoiler better quality imo).

20 percent tint all around except front windshield.

Added the 21 front strut tower braces and painted matte black.
That looks so good. Pretty much exactly how I want mine. Was the door garnishes hard to put on? I’m not a handyman at all lol.
Also, do you consider blacking out the tail lights or headlights?

and about the spoiler. It gives me the option to buy matte or gloss finish. Which Would you recommend?

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
That looks so good. Pretty much exactly how I want mine. Was the door garnishes hard to put on? I’m not a handyman at all lol.
Also, do you consider blacking out the tail lights or headlights?

and about the spoiler. It gives me the option to buy matte or gloss finish. Which Would you recommend?
I recommend gloss. As for the door covers they were pretty easy to install. Just line it up before you install. I would test fit them with masking tape before install. Dont push down on the tape till its all lined up correctly.

OP
OP

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the replies! Could anyone tell me what cleaning products I need. I use to just take my FRS through Mike’s but I want to hand wash my Supra. A buddy told me about Chemical Guys but I have no idea what to get.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thanks for the replies! Could anyone tell me what cleaning products I need. I use to just take my FRS through Mike’s but I want to hand wash my Supra. A buddy told me about Chemical Guys but I have no idea what to get.
Detailing is a deep dark hole lol. I would have like a instant wax or spray wax in the car with a microfiber in a plastic bag at all times. If you get bird droppings etc, you can wipe it away quick. I like Sonax high speed wax. I've tested a lot of stuff, and I just like sonax, especially their wheel cleaner. If you have deeper questions just PM me.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Detailing is a deep dark hole lol. I would have like a instant wax or spray wax in the car with a microfiber in a plastic bag at all times. If you get bird droppings etc, you can wipe it away quick. I like Sonax high speed wax. I've tested a lot of stuff, and I just like sonax, especially their wheel cleaner. If you have deeper questions just PM me.
^^^This. I've kept a ziplock bag in my car with one of those travel-sized spray bottles (from the grocery/drug store travel section) filled with detail fluid along with two microfiber towels. Saved me a few times when away from home - bugs, birds, tar...

I love Optimum No-Rinse for car wash. I can wash the car in my garage with the two-bucket method year-round since I can keep the door shut.

McKee's 37 has a lot of good consumer-grade products along with Chemical Guys and Adam's. I've mixed and matched a lot of their products.

However, I have yet to find a tire dressing that doesn't sling, slime, dry out unevenly or fade after 3 days. :banghead:

jz4show

First Name
noel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 toyota supra
congratulations and welcome!

OP
OP

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I recommend gloss. As for the door covers they were pretty easy to install. Just line it up before you install. I would test fit them with masking tape before install. Dont push down on the tape till its all lined up correctly.
Whats the difference between Dry Carbon Fiber opposed to the regular Carbon from Rexpeed?
Sponsored