Purchasing a new Supra 2.0 (Questions about reliability)

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
Hey what was the price for your supra 2.0?
I purchased my 2021 2.0 Supra with Safety and Tech for $40,800.00 not including tax, title, license. Purchased in Wisconsin in late December.

You might be able to get down into the high $38-$39K range, but it’ll be a grind and take a lot of patience.
Sponsored

RustyShackleford

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, Honda SI
Just over 2K miles, so far no issues at all. Also got mine back in December for pretty close to what others are mentioning ~ $41-42K OTD, and I bet you could get them slightly cheaper now like SupraMKV2.0 was saying.

ymamoor20

First Name
ymakadrose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Dang, I might wait til Fall when 2022's start rolling out maybe I can get a cheaper price. You think at that time 37 otd is possible?

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Dang, I might wait til Fall when 2022's start rolling out maybe I can get a cheaper price. You think at that time 37 otd is possible?
Anything is possible, but it's going to depend on the dealer and if they've been sitting on inventory for a while. Obviously wait till the end of the month when they need to hit their quotas...sometimes they'll dump on price for a short sale just to hit their goal numbers.

ymamoor20

First Name
ymakadrose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Anything is possible, but it's going to depend on the dealer and if they've been sitting on inventory for a while. Obviously wait till the end of the month when they need to hit their quotas...sometimes they'll dump on price for a short sale just to hit their goal numbers.
Sounds like a plan, thanks for everyone's help

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Like everyone else said, dealer exaggerated tons to scare you off. - I hate when store clerk does that /w phone pay.. It will use some battery but not drain it 'til it dies. Also, I believe GR Supra can be put in "Show room" mode to conserve battery.

As for personal use, it does have huge battery - at least for 3.0. During winter, I did not drive nor turned on the engine for over a month and it was fine. However, having a battery tender would be better.

ImNotHome

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
I think this may depend on your location? Where I am, it was pretty difficult for me to find the trim I wanted (2.0 vs. 3.0, I got the 2.0) in the color I wanted (black) in my area, and I ended up paying MSRP basically. A lot of people have claimed that these aren't selling well, particularly the 2.0, but they seemed to appear and then get purchased pretty quickly. I did get a pretty good financing deal, but I think that's usually through Toyota itself. Maybe I'm just bad at buying cars. hah.

Edit: I will say, in the past, I have gotten pretty good deals when buying a car from the previous model year, especially because I was never picky on things like the color.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
I think this may depend on your location? Where I am, it was pretty difficult for me to find the trim I wanted (2.0 vs. 3.0, I got the 2.0) in the color I wanted (black) in my area, and I ended up paying MSRP basically. A lot of people have claimed that these aren't selling well, particularly the 2.0, but they seemed to appear and then get purchased pretty quickly. I did get a pretty good financing deal, but I think that's usually through Toyota itself. Maybe I'm just bad at buying cars. hah.

Edit: I will say, in the past, I have gotten pretty good deals when buying a car from the previous model year, especially because I was never picky on things like the color.
Absolutely, in a warmer state any version of the Supra may fly off the lot. I bought mine in Wisconsin at the end of December in the middle of snow storm. Supra sales probably aren't' lighting it up here during the winter.

ImNotHome

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Absolutely, in a warmer state any version of the Supra may fly off the lot. I bought mine in Wisconsin at the end of December in the middle of snow storm. Supra sales probably aren't' lighting it up here during the winter.
Well that would explain it... Southern California here. Still not jealous of your weather though :)

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
Hey what was the price for your supra 2.0?
I ended up getting mine for like 44k OTD with the safety and tech package, from Simi Valley Toyota, haven't seen them get another since though.
Edit: bought mine mid December.
Sponsored